Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is reg fees the same in every college?

Options
  • 16-09-2004 6:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 26

Is reg fees the same in every college?
    I know in trinity its 750,
    but i have a friend who is going to UL and she didnt get any info on how much the fees are,just that you have to have hem payed before starting.
    also she might be getting a grant,does she still have to pay,and will she get it back if the grant is succesful?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 213 ✭✭Micheal Wittman

In Maynooth, I've just paid 750 for the reg and 55 for student services.I applied for a grant too but ill get the 750 back if I get it.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭vector

In Maynooth, I've just paid 750 for the reg and 55 for student services.I applied for a grant too but ill get the 750 back if I get it.:)

I paid the UCC giro last week. Cap EUR 65 + Reg EUR 750 = 815
    (I know that its better than paying 3000 or whatever but that 815 really ate into my bank account, I only have 400 to my name now, must get another job)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

Yep its 750 everywhere. Does your friend not get child benefit? If your in college you get it until your 19 so tell them to save it up for next years registration. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭Repli

€750 here too I go to DIT
    I heard it will be €1300 next year

• Closed Accounts Posts: 213 ✭✭Micheal Wittman

omg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭snorlax

it 750 in tcd plus 8euro to join USI. My sisters in UCD and for somereason it cost her 50euro to be a member on union of students Ireland.
    whats with the big price difference between colleges? we had a referendum last year as it did only cost about 3euro to be a member of USI.

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭beardedchicken

the 50euro in ucd is a "student services" levy, it's been round for about ten years or so, and it paid for the student centre that was built in 2000. the levy has continued since then, and i've heard that the current levy is earmarked for a swimming pool or something like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

RCSI is 1333 but it's only college I've heard of that's much different from the 750 average

typically its the one im going to lol

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Thats to cover the laptop though, right?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

presumably. the "free" laptop they told us about lol. Officailly labelled "IT fees"

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭ClareBear

Same here, I just handed it over. I feel sick.... :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 41,072 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Basically the registration fee is 750 EUR. Different colleges have different "levies" in order to improve their services/buildings etc because of government cutbacks. the TCD one of 8 euros is not all for USI. Basically every SU pays 5 eur per full time student to USI so TCDSU get the other 3 EUR. I really do think that this 8 EUR is worth it for the services you get from your own Union and USI. If USI had not fought a heavy anti-fees campaign in the last few years there is a high possibility that you might be paying anything between 4000 - 6000 this year

also if a student pays the 750 fee and then gets confirmation that they are receiving a grant this will be paid back

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭DEmeant0r

750 + 57 for NUIg

Advertisement