Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Watercooling or not?

Options
  • 16-09-2004 7:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 807 ✭✭✭

ive been thinking about this for a while now..and i just cant decide

i dont know how "good".."good" watercooling kits are...i wanna overclock my cpu and if my stupid core centre would stand still for 1 day and give me a good reading i "think" its between 35-40 idle and 40-45 under load ...would i get a lot better improvement over this with a watercooling kit (this is at stock too)

is it "really" worth the..£150 or whatever for a decent set up..i dont care too much about sound ive got 2 stupid little 40mm fans in my cooldrives ..29dB...thats the loudest stuff in my pc ..if i took them out sound would probably be an issue but..im not going to ;)

also..they all seem to be hacking into there cases..which id rather not do with this mighty chunk of steel ill be here all day..cant you get watercooling kits that ALL stay inside the case and still actually perform great or not?

i have no experience with water cooling if i got 1 id prob look inside the box and faint ..is it that hard to do?

what do you think...i dont wanna spend all this and get like..100mhz more out of the cpu..im not doing it for silence..i want performance..just not a jet engine either though :eek:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,387 ✭✭✭Cina

100 mhz is about as realistic as you can expect without an nForce 3 motherboard on an athlon 64 unfortunately

• Closed Accounts Posts: 807 ✭✭✭ViperVenoM

Cina wrote:
    100 mhz is about as realistic as you can expect without an nForce 3 motherboard on an athlon 64 unfortunately

without an nForce 3?..but i have an nForce 3.....and why does that make any difference..dont the others have the agp/pci lock or something?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,891 ✭✭✭Jammer

well you know what i get...extra 400mhz!! Its only a single Rad set-up aswel. Go for innovatek / asetek kit and you will get 400mhz +

I dont really know your case well, but it looks big in the pics you've shown me, so you should get everything in there safe and sound!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 807 ✭✭✭ViperVenoM

your only saying that so u can take my zalman off me :p

Advertisement