Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

back of neck.. outgrowing?

Options
  • 16-09-2004 8:15pm
    Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭

H, quick question I think this piercing may be growing out, as to the right hand side of my neck i can see a good few mm of the bar now so it has grown out a little bit, and the left stays right ot he hole and all the excess of the bar showing moves to the right, so i have to kind of push it a little to the left so its even a bit.
    but i was thinking what if I went and got a smaller bar put in, or is it possible? would it help any better?
    the bar i curently have i think is about an inch and a half, think its a standard for a surface piecing..
    thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24 villafan

I think thats if its starting to grow out then theres nothing you can do to stop it, in my experience at least. 2 of my piercings have grown out and it didnt matter what kind of bar I had in, but mine were the eyebrow. After it grew out I got it pierced again behind the scar tissue and if its done right it wont grow out, mine hasnt yet anyway. But again thats with the eyebrow its probably completely different.

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭Shazbot

i got my napes pierced about a month and a half ago and was told that the end bit of the bar will become more prominant over time due to swelling going down.

i was told by rob in snakebite , that if this hapens go back to them and they will sort it out. he said they can put shorter bars in

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭I am MAN

It is quite common for nape piercings to migrate a bit and a change of bar will be needed two times within a year in some cases so dont panic if its a recent piercing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭Seraphina

i haven't noticed any movement on my nape and i got it in may, but i was told migration and growing out were quite common.
    it may move a little and settle, dont panic just yet.
    however if it moves alot more in the next few weeks it would be advisable to get it checked and perhaps take it out, as leaving it in if it is rejecting will cause alot more tissue damage and scarring.
    my advice, if you're worried, get a piercer to check it out.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

Yea, its getting quite bad now by the looks of it, am thinking about taking it out tomorrow, but may wait till the weekend to get it checked out in snakebite, its free for them to take it out yea?
    cause I didn't get this piercing done in ireland
    i am man, you say it gets changed twice a year? to a smaller one is it?

• Advertisement
Advertisement