Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

how many hours?

Options
  • 16-09-2004 9:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9

just wondering how many hours a week does a typical 1st arts studeny have to do between lectures and study? by the way i am planning to study politics economics french and history

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭David19

**** all. Well lectures anyway. I know someone who did 1st year arts and did a 7 hour week... Another arts person i knew had a 4 day week. In terms of lectures arts is probably the least hours of nearly any course. If you want details about that course email or ring the college arts dept. and ask them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

I had about 16 hours of lectures and tutorials each week and then a bit of reading and learning in my own time to keep up - I did Irish, English, French & German in 1st Arts at UCC a few years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,330 ✭✭✭✭Amz

I've 19 hours lectures/practicals.
    Bit of a step down from semester one of first year.
    We've an awful lot of assignment work and extra lab hours to complete on top of that though.

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭Jk_Eire

It-tallaght

Advertisement