Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why Darth Maul was underused in SW [spoiler]

Options
  • 19-07-1999 10:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭

Hi
    Well I've seen a few criticisms concerning The Phantom Menace and all I have to say is this:

Ep I was setting up Eps II & III and may have suffered as a result.

The reason Darth Maul was underused is this:

The Darth Maul you saw in TPM is actually a clone of the real Darth Maul and the reason he spoke so little was because of this and Lucas deliberately underused him - he's not that stupid. When people find out that Darth Maul is the main baddy in Ep II what you think they gonna do? Get all excited methinks and go see the film.

In the next film.....

Anakin proves himself to Sideous by slaying Darth Maul but it's Darth who kills Anakin's Mother and Palpatine is actually a clone of Sideous. Anakin then turns to the dark side.

And as for TPM's box office performance?

Third highest grossing film of all time after Titanic and the oringinal film, A New Hope. Not bad eh?

Take it you non-SW fans, TAKE IT

ps Clone wars are in Ep II, yeah!

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,955 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

Very strange. I'd love to know your sources Riker but I'd also be willing to bet that things will change before it finally comes out.
    It sounds like a good guess but how can you be so sure. Interesting fact about the Clone Wars (these wars being what most SW fans like me were hoping to see when we heard of this prequel) is this:

Apparently Boba Fett wore armour simliar to the armour worn by the clone warriors. Hmmmmm.

M

• Subscribers Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭Draco

The rumour I heard is the same as above except for Maul was killed and it is his clone that reappears

Also, I've heard that there is a version of TPM that Maul wasn't cut in half - he just falls down the shaft.

Draco

• Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭Riker

Source?

No these ain't rumours, they're common knowledge to all internet SW fans apparently. When I saw the film on Friday I went straight home onto the NET to look up what happens next. Rick McCallum (Film's producer) is quoted as saying that Lucas is down to the last 20 mins of the Ep II script and Ray Park (Darth Maul) said in an interview in Australia that he had signed for Ep II in May. So there!

Oh and Boba Fett plays a big role in Ep II, although whether he has his Maldeureon armour on is unknown. The clone wars were fought by a race called the Maldeureons, hence Boba Fett.

And Draco, in the original film, they had Maul just fall down the shaft and that was intended but then Lucas decided to change it in post production via CGI.

Well all I can say is it's going to be a long 3 years...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭Riker

oops, I mean Mandalorian armour and the Mandalorian race...

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,955 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

Well glad you corrected yourself there. I was about to have you arrested for Grievious Star Wars Harm.

M

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭Monty - the one and only

I heard that Boba Fett was actually Kinster, Anikan Skywalkers friend who helped him finish his pod racer

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

Yea amazing how he has the whole galaxy to work with all the characters are coming from the same place. You would of thought they all knew each other. smile.gif

If they let Lucas and his JarJar affliction at the second movie it's going to be kack too.

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭Slosh

From reading all the Star Wars comics (yeeeeeears ago) they once got around to boba's history.. He had a big part to play in the clone wars...

Wish I still had all those mags.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 Shaft1

FFs mate if youre gonna say spoiler at least say youre talking about episode2 instead you just gave what seems half the really cool ****, bit like the ******** who spoiled some of episode 1 oh well
    Cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 Shaft1

Lets hope i forget everything in 3 years

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

cool
    being a mad star wars fan id love to kow more about these clone wars.
    i never got round to any of the books coz i always thought theyd take away from ideas of the films. besides, as a kid han solo was me hero snd if he wasnt in the books, i really wasnt that interested
    so if anyone wantas to give a short history here, work away.
    or at least tell me where i can read up on it

Advertisement