Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Tow truck cost

Options
  • 16-09-2004 9:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,392 ✭✭✭

I'm going to need to get a car towed to a garage to get some work done on the engine. Does anyone have an idea how much hiring a tow truck + driver would cost? Do they charge by the mile or by the hour etc.

PS I'm not a member of the AA, RAC etc.

BrianD3

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

My experience is limited (by boss pays when this happens to me!) but if your talking a brief few miles then prolly a minimum call-out charge would be around 80 euro. I think they do it my the mile so if you're miles from the garage then guess a number with two zeros in it and multiplay by any random number.

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Interceptor

They usually make up a number based on your accent, the type of car you want moved and how many times they have to cross the East-link....

I can Pm you the number of a guy I used several times and would recommend him.

I once paid €120 to get a car moved from Stephens Green to Blanchardstown and then paid a different guy €140 to bring it from Blanch to Galway - go figure!!!

'c

• Registered Users Posts: 368 ✭✭smokey2

it was €150 for a mate of mine to get his car brought from waterford to carlow by the aa!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 791 ✭✭✭fightin irish

Well the trade price is 70euro, how do i know? I work for a well known main dealer!!

Advertisement