Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

What do i do with these stupid 17"alloys with low profiles?

Options
  • 16-09-2004 10:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 704 ✭✭✭

Ok!!!
    I just bought a car,,, which has 17" ASZ alloys with low profile tyres. Anyway, turns out 1 of the tyres has a bulge in it, (dunno how i missed it when buying) and it needs to be replaced.

Thing is, the tyres are E95 and i hate them. They dont suit the roads ill be driving on, and ill prob be replacing another 2 of them in few months anyway.

So, whats the hadiest way around this? Im thinking of taking these 17"teens and tyres off the car. And replace them with 15" alloys and a decent tyre with a bit of depth. Genuine Peugeot 15teens are about E680 on peugeot.ie. Or anyone know a place in louth/dublin that does good alloy/tyre packages for a good price?? Its a Peugeot 306 by the way.

Is that the best option? And how how hard would it be to sell the 17teens. There in fairly good condition, and have 3 good tyres.

All help/suggestions welcomed.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 944 ✭✭✭Captain Trips

rander00 wrote:
    Ok!!!
    I just bought a car,,, which has 17" ASZ alloys with low profile tyres. Anyway, turns out 1 of the tyres has a bulge in it, (dunno how i missed it when buying) and it needs to be replaced.

Thing is, the tyres are E95 and i hate them. They dont suit the roads ill be driving on, and ill prob be replacing another 2 of them in few months anyway.

So, whats the hadiest way around this? Im thinking of taking these 17"teens and tyres off the car. And replace them with 15" alloys and a decent tyre with a bit of depth. Genuine Peugeot 15teens are about E680 on peugeot.ie. Or anyone know a place in louth/dublin that does good alloy/tyre packages for a good price?? Its a Peugeot 306 by the way.

Is that the best option? And how how hard would it be to sell the 17teens. There in fairly good condition, and have 3 good tyres.

All help/suggestions welcomed.

I don't think you'd do better than the 680 for standard wheels + tyres. The basic 15" would be 60 each anyway, and a wheel would be at least the same. However on the good side, you'd have no trouble selling them to the same type of person who put them on in the first place.

You have to match tyre to the diameter and width of the wheel, so you can't just put on bigger tyres (well you could, but it would look stupid like a psuedo 4x4 it would be so high, the bigger tyres would probably not fit anyway and to top it all your speedo would be way inaccurate).

Eirtyre do a very good range of tyres but getting them fitted might be the problem. You can put on any tyres you want remember but a lot of the boy racer types have fancy alloys but not the best tyres (IMHO but I've checked!).

An easy solution might be to look at Ebay, I just looked at Ebay Ireland for "Peugeot 15" and it comes up with many sets of 4x15" with tyres for ST£280.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Interceptor

Stick an ad in the Buy and Sell to punt the 17" wheels and go to a breakers yard for a set of wheels for your Pug - try Traynors in the North or any good yard and get a decent set with good tyres for €200.

'c

• Registered Users Posts: 719 ✭✭✭Fionn101

how much do you want for the 17's ?

I've a Civic , not sure if they will fit but if they do , then sweet . I'll give ya a good price

• Registered Users Posts: 368 ✭✭smokey2

pug wheels won't go on a civic!!

a mate of mine has a 306 he wants 17s for so let me know how much you want and what's the story!! think he's a set of 14s or 15s there he might do a deal with ya!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 704 ✭✭✭rander00

They probably will fit a civic. There not actually genuine peugeot wheels, so the fact that peug wheels dont fit a civic doesnt matter.

There "ASZ" 5 spoke 17teens. Standard silver colour,,, wit a little blue badge in the centre saying "ASZ". They look well and all that,, just not practical for me.

As for the tyres, they were E95 and only put on on March, and 3 of them are fine. But as theres a bulge in 1 of them, it`ll need replacing. Ill get the make of the tyre later.

I cant find this particular wheel on the ASZ site to give yis a link. Ill try get a pic.

As for prices,,,, 17teens like these are up on 750E -850E new.
    There in good condition, no cracks, or anything. Few slight dents, the normal. So 4 alloys and 3 good tyres,,, at least good for another 8/9 months?? Depends how you drive.

I cant find them on the ASZ site to find out what they cost new, but ill name a price and we`ll take it from there.
    E500 for the 4 alloys including 3 good tyres. (low profiles btw).

PS: Im interested in that Smokey. Are they the standard 306 wheels he`d be giving me?? they`d do me rightly.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 256 ✭✭$lash

rander00 wrote:
    They probably will fit a civic. There not actually genuine peugeot wheels, so the fact that peug wheels dont fit a civic doesnt matter.

They will not fit a civic .. completely different offset & PCD

I misspelt the name of the alloys. There actually "AEZ".

Anyway, im getting me new ones this week, so im willing to accept a quick cheap sale.

there 5 spoke 17" AEZ alloys, with 3 good tyres. 1 tyre needs replacing due to a small bulge in it.

The tyres are NANKANG Sport NS-1,,,, steel belted radial tubeless.
    (205/40R/17 80V)
    http://www.nankangtyres.com.au/prodDetail.php?pid=2

I can get pics of them the wkend when i get the loan of a digital camera.
    So the lot for E250Ono for a quick sale. Bargain!!! Anyone interested?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

Where are you based?

I will take them at that price if theyre the ones im thinking of.
    will PM you now...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

heres a site with what is think is the whole range of AEZ wheels, can you point out which are the exact ones you have..

http://www.alcar-wheelwright.co.uk/cgi-bin/evoweb.dll/wheels.6325B2F1473640?form=web_framecontent&page=2445&layerakt=2445&random=0.20755883927388108

cheers

For anyone else interested, they are the AEZ ICON5 only the centre is a blue AEZ badge. The Icon5 can be seen in the link NM posted above this post.

There also 4 pin holed alloys. Or 4 stud, whatever you call it.

thanks.

• Advertisement
Advertisement