Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bush Family Fortunes - A BBC Documentary by Greg Palast

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

And whats your opinion on this? You are aware that you post any links to articles, documentaries etc your supposed to post your own opinion?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 798 ✭✭✭bobbyjoe

oops

Very good doc lifts the lid on some of Bush's background and the business side of things.
    Also looks into his national guard service.
    Interesting part on Enron

Palast looks like a bit of an eejit with his trenchcoat and hat but seems to be a well respected journalist.

Read his book
    Greg Palast Best Democracy Money Can Buy, would recommend it.
    And whats your opinion on this? You are aware that you post any links to articles, documentaries etc your supposed to post your own opinion?
    Opinion: Bush is a chickenhawk who sucks multinational dick.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭aphex™

400 megs :S
    Is it the same stuff thats talked about in Fanenheit 9/11 or more ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 798 ✭✭✭bobbyjoe

There's more than F911,
    old business deals and more about deals with Saudi's.
    Also looks into the lawyer who's brining a case agains the US Gov for 911 victims.
    Does it in a more serious style than Moore and interviews more credible sources.
    Though there's not that much that you probably don't know already.
    Doc was made for BBC3

• Registered Users Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭Lennoxschips

Yeah, this is much better and less farcical than F911 and his voice is slightly (just slightly, mind) less irritating than Moore's.

I've often read Greg Palast's columns on his site, nice to see him on television too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

400 megs :S
    Is it the same stuff thats talked about in Fanenheit 9/11 or more ?

40 megs?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

Ok I listened to most of it.

I don't like the presenter, he is annoying and all "My secret sauces said to me...". If he gets facts, point them out as facts.

Also they didn't put names to faces for a lot of it. Which they should of done. Also some of editing is bad.

That said, he does cover a lot and what he does cover is facts. Some of it I didn't know. For example one of the black voters who was denied a vote was listed as starting his parole date in 2007, despite not ever being charged of any crime.

Also the people who compiled the list were told by Florida state election committee not to verify the names.

Advertisement