Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

'The Dice Man' by Luke Rhinehart

Options
  • 16-09-2004 10:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭

This is one of the funniest books I've ever read and it's not very well known for some reason. Check it out.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,286 ✭✭✭SprostonGreen

I'd say it is very well known, even Loaded magazine made it their bible a few years back.

Its a great read.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭Dr. Loon

I'd say it is very well known, even Loaded magazine made it their bible a few years back.

Its a great read.

I'd agree. 'Tis an excellent read alright, and if you get a pair of dice yourself you can play some good games!! Just don't take it as seriously as the book! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭damien

Great book, the follow-up sucked though. Really badly.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,514 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

It has cult status.. There's even been some stupid spin-off TV shows...
    A very enjoyable read...

'6' - I'm off home..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,807 ✭✭✭chump

i really enjoyed it, never read the followup tho!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,056 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

I thought it was ok... It was a tad repedative.. How many times did he waffle on about the ideals of the dice life ??!?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,120 ✭✭✭PH01

That was one of those cult books borne out of the '60's right?
    I read that a while back. Essential for anyone in their early twenties. It decribes a life lived where decisions are made by rolling dice. And when your that young you need guidence in the decisions you have to make (well I did anyway).
    The story starts off with the main character having one hell of a time. Gives up his job 'cause the dice told him to (I think that how it goes). But it ends rather sadly.
    Valuable lessons to a young fella growing up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 242 ✭✭Keano_sli

Not a bad read, but not earth shattering either. My mate read it and was raving about it as being the best book she ever read so I gave it a go. wouldn't be moved to recommend it to anyone

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,243 Mod ✭✭✭✭flogen

I read through it with great enthusiasm for a while, really enjoyed it... about 3/4 of the way in it just got boring, kinda went from funny to repetitive and so on.

I never actually finished it (I really should do that)...:D

flogen

Advertisement