Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

registering a dot.ie

Options
  • 16-09-2004 11:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭

hey folks its bin a while since i looked into it but as the topic says, is it still as much hassle? do u need to fax proof of company name etc, any help appreciated!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,886 ✭✭✭cgarvey

Shouldn't be a hassle, and the answers to your question is on the IEDR site, as well as most reseller sites. If the company is well establisehd (>6 months, I think) then a company number will suffice (as they can check with the CRO themselves).

.cg

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

It's usually quite straightforward. The easiest thing to do is contact a reseller and ask them.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭ballooba

I remember all the hassle that used to be involved in this.

It used to take 6-8 weeks to register a business name with the CRO. Now it takes about 5 days and thats if you need one.

The IEDR now also have an impressive turnaround time and don't operate under the opressive regime they used to. They aren't as strict as they used to be.

There was a gap of 4 years between IEDR applications for me from 2000 to 2004. The difference in response I got was phenomenal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,161 ✭✭✭steve-hosting36

Most .ie domains are now processed same day with the minimum of documentation. It is now also possible to submit a domain order, and follow up with documentation if required, thus 'reserving' the domain.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭heggie

great stuff, thanks for the help guys

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

Most .ie domains are now processed same day with the minimum of documentation. It is now also possible to submit a domain order, and follow up with documentation if required, thus 'reserving' the domain.
    For 30 days .....

Advertisement