Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broadband keeps disconnecting

• 17-09-2004 12:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭

Hello all just said id pop over from the modding forms to see can some of you BB junkies solve my problem.

I got connected around July and the service was fine until about the end of august. what started to happen was, id be in the middle of playing a game and my pings would go crazy then bang the connection would drop and maybe come back after 10min sometimes 1 hour this happened 17 times in one weekend alone
    I called digiweb about it and they sent me out a new router but I knew at the time this wasn’t the cause... i rang eircom to do a line test and it passed but at the time of the test my connection was fine. eircom arrived 2 days later and told me it was a problem with the lines in the house. So I ran a line direct from the input of the house to the pc and still had problems

this disconnecting went on until early September and it just stopped one day and was perfect, like back to normal for a week, but I had noticed the weather was fine, next the weather broke and we had a lot of showers for days bang my BB is on the blink again. I rang eirscam again and the guy done a line test this time failing (yes result) that was Tuesday. An engineer was with me today and tested the everything he could fair play and left me an eircom router (cool but not the problem). It hasn’t went down yet but ill keep you posted

How do I get eircom to fix the line they seem to think that a nailed up connection that sometimes disconnects is acceptable?

Im with digiweb 1MB connection and besides it disconnecting it’s a good service really it’s not their fault....

If you want I can post all the teck stuff like db loss and all that l8r but I just want to get your opinion

Pinging boards.ie [82.195.131.128] with 32 bytes of data:

Reply from 82.195.131.128: bytes=32 time=31ms TTL=61
    Reply from 82.195.131.128: bytes=32 time=31ms TTL=61
    Reply from 82.195.131.128: bytes=32 time=33ms TTL=61
    Reply from 82.195.131.128: bytes=32 time=32ms TTL=61

Ping statistics for 82.195.131.128:
    Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 4, Lost = 0 (0% loss),
    Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:
    Minimum = 31ms, Maximum = 33ms, Average = 31ms

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭spongebob

freekhead wrote:
    this disconnecting went on until early September and it just stopped one day and was perfect, like back to normal for a week, but I had noticed the weather was fine, next the weather broke and we had a lot of showers for days bang my BB is on the blink again.

So its rain! . Can you hear any funny noises on the line if you make a call when the BB is on the blink. If so ring 1901 and report a fault since it started raining and tell them to fix it. The fault you report to 1901 is crackling/echo/strange noises on the line when it rains , do not mention BB to Biddy whatever ya do.

The engineer will probably show up when it is dry but tell the engineer you will sign for it as a fixed issue if he will come back on your say so when it is actually raining. Therefore you must get his mobile number. They can track it through pretty fast as long as it is actually raining but try to keep it informal and between you and the engineer. In fairness most of them are sound once ya have a chat with them . A drop of silicon gel could be all thats needed.

Also note if driving rain is different to drizzle , I only have occasional problems with drizzle as the water drops bobble round and can come up from below.Sheets of rain coming straight down are no bother, my probs would be therefore under a box and not over it so I would only get the engineer back out in the right kind of rain :)

HTH

M

Advertisement