Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Instant messagin

• 17-09-2004 12:51am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 423 ✭✭

God - ya know things are gettin scary when your are talking to someone right next to you thru instant messagin! :eek: How technology empowers,, abstracts and makes lazy! Who's lazy? What's the laziest thing you have done?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭DEmeant0r

Take the lift two stories up in college when the stairs was just right beside me :eek:

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

pee'd into a cup in a friends house after a session cause i wastoo lazy to go to the toliet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,197 ✭✭✭✭Crash

Fell asleep with my head on the toilet seat after vomiting. it was just so comfy. well at least until the lid fell down. *ouch*

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

Is masturbation lazy because you're not putting in the effort to go out and find someone else to get your jive on?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

In the sisters kitchen at the back of the house.
    door bell rings
    so i sent a text message to her son in the next room at the front of the house telling him to answer the door

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

last night i rang someone to tell him turn down the stereo which was blaring at 3am. no answer though :( probably not as lazy as when i reached over for a sweeping brush so i didnt have to get up off the chair to turn off the light switch which was 5 feet away

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,626 ✭✭✭smoke.me.a.kipper

put a smoke in my mouth, and grunted and one of my friends beside me to light it, as id have to lean over a coffee table to reach a lighter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 492 ✭✭climaxer

Batteries gone in the remote control - watched a programme I didn't like cos I was too lazy to get up and change the channels. Was extremely hung over though so that's my excuse.

I've ordered chinese food even though the chinese take-away is only 5 mins walk away.

My daughter rang our land line from her mobile in her room to get me to bring her and her friends up some snacks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭irlirishkev

Lying in bed.. Our dog (Sandy) outside barking to get in.. So i sent my mum a text message -

"Woof" - Regards, Sandy.

K.

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭spoon

i went to 6 lectures in a year, because i didnt want to get out of bed or walk to lectures. I lived on campus too. But i passed the year.
    In second year i went to at least twice that amount, and i failled, funny that...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

Often when the toilet paper runs out and I'm on the toilet, I'll ring down stairs and ask for someone to drop up a fresh roll.

We don't keep the toilet paper stored in the bathroom, is that strange?

Also, do many people take thier mobiles to the toilet with them?

Anyway, this is far more civilised than banging loudly on the floor and shouting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 492 ✭✭climaxer

Often when the toilet paper runs out and I'm on the toilet, I'll ring down stairs and ask for someone to drop up a fresh roll.

Anyway, this is far more civilised than banging loudly on the floor and shouting.

LMAO - it is rather strange not storing the toilet roll in the toilet. Also yes I usually bring my mobile into the toilet with me too. I bring mine to bed too. For safety just in case someone breaks in and also its my alarm clock too. Also myself and my ex (before we lived together) often used to text each other during the night with our phones on silent.

Okay, so it is strange then... I just thought it was another of these Irish things... you know? Like having carpet in the bathroom and then and extra bit of carpet around the toilet...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 537 ✭✭✭JohnnyBravo

And here i was thinking we were exchanging messenegers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 620 ✭✭✭Kêrmêttê

We don't store the toilet roll in the bathroom either. We used to before, but it would go kinda strange with all the steam. We now keep it in a cupboard in the hallway outside the bathroom door (very clever place to have it when you are going through the motions and you realise too late that you dont have enough!! :rolleyes: )

Laziest thing I've ever done was phone my Mom, (from my own mobile), on the house landline to tell her to change channel on the kitchen tv because I there was a movie I knew she'd like which was just about to start. I can't be getting out of my warm comfy bed ffs!! :p

I also did this another time on a Sunday morning to ask her to put on the water immersion heater because I was planning to get up out of bed in an hour and I wanted to have a shower :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 390 ✭✭roar_ie

Its good to know there are some people more lazy then me in this world

We now keep it in a cupboard in the hallway outside the bathroom door

Ours is kept in a little room next to the kitchen. That's pretty stupid. I'm going to try and effect a change one of these days...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭substr

one time I waited half an hour for a bus to go 1 stop which would take 2 mins walk because I am so lazy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,878 ✭✭✭Rozabeez

turned the light off with crutches, called someone into the room to turn the light off cos i was in bed, txt someone to come up and turn the light off, watched a crappy tv show cos i was too lazy to change the channel, fell asleep on my bedroom floor on the way to the lightswitch....oh and txt someone to make me a cup of tea and bring it to my room (and turn ON the light on their way).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,878 ✭✭✭Rozabeez

crash_000 wrote:
    Fell asleep with my head on the toilet seat after vomiting. it was just so comfy. well at least until the lid fell down. *ouch*

interesting, my brother did that last night and didnt even wake up when my mam broke the door down....i woke up though, lay in bed for a while laughing at hearing my mam say "john, JOHN!, stand up cmon, stand up, no on your feet john, JOHN!"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭tba

oh good a thread about being lazy

I must type something here sometime

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 620 ✭✭✭Kêrmêttê

Ours is kept in a little room next to the kitchen. That's pretty stupid. I'm going to try and effect a change one of these days...

We keep the large shrink wrapped packets of 9 in the storage space under the stairs (near the kitchen too) and when the cupboard is emptied upstairs we re-fill from under the stairs.

Are you some sort of long lost relative?? Our toilet-tissue habits seem uncommonly common!! :eek:

Advertisement