Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Overclocking?

Options
  • 17-09-2004 9:42am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭

I just finished building my PC which is built from the Upgrade Kit off Komplett and a Powercolour Radeon x800pro VIVO, I was playing farcry After installing SP2 and All the latest drivers and at times it Jumps and lags a bit, This seems to go away with time, is this just a teething process or somthing
    :rolleyes:. Anyway im wondering what settings i should have my ram etc set to on my Motherboard Cheers for any help, the Mobo site is http://www.msi.com.tw/program/products/mainboard/mbd/pro_mbd_detail.php?UID=572
    http://www.komplett.ie/k/ki.asp?sku=118126&cks=PRL Thanks for any help :D

just as a side note ild thought ild add that it runs at about 40degrees atm so ill prolly put in my good psu when i get home :/ my hard drive has been moved a rediculious amount between comptuers because of trying to remove the boot sector to uninstall windows xp 64(kak) and put on XP pro, which i did.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,891 ✭✭✭Jammer

the lagging is probably the 512mb of RAM. used to happen to me with games until u'd see most of the level, then it'd stop. Most games these days, far cry inparticular like to have 1GB of RAM!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 807 ✭✭✭ViperVenoM

yeh i would agree on that..my loading times where ages on 512...then when it finally started..stutter..stutter...stutter...then it was ok

probably nothing actually wrong..just these new games do like a bit more ram..your settings will be fine i reckon..just buy more ram :D once you get 1GB you wouldnt go back ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,299 ✭✭✭✭BloodBath

I can't belive you bought such a good system and only got 512mb of ram.

BloodBath

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,415 ✭✭✭Optikus

BloodBath wrote:
    I can't belive you bought such a good system and only got 512mb of ram.

BloodBath

Yeah 1gb ram is about standard these days for any gaming system.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭TacT

Optikus wrote:
    Yeah 1gb ram is about standard these days for any gaming system.

Absolutely -- stick another 512 in there and enjoy :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement