Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

do not read

Options
  • 17-09-2004 10:49am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

sorry, I made a misstake

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭doh.ie

Question is, how many people dropped into this thread just because they were told not to? It's like touching the wall where you see a 'Wet Paint' sign.

I remember when I was doing my Leaving Cert there was this ad in the careers book which had the advertisment upside down, and at the top in correct form were the words, "DO NOT READ THIS ADVERTISMENT!" So naturally, you turned the book around and read what an amazing career lay ahead... in the priesthood! Still, clever gimmick, I thought.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,316 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

I read it :D Damn you Sir Boner!!!! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Sir Bone

:) Sure it is an nice experiment, the reason to why I made this thread was that I posted a question and the moment I had it posted my very dear friend smiled and told me how to solve it... I could not find where I could remove my thread but I could edit it and minimize the text people would have to read... and put up some serious warnings about reading it...

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

Board charter says rather then deleting your post you should post your answer instead.

Otherwise we would be full of empty threads and people wandering around trying to find an answer to something may of been already answered.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

Interesting in a programming forum, anyone ever done a utility and told the customer to never NEVER run it ? Guess what always happens ?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

doh.ie wrote:
    Question is, how many people dropped into this thread just because they were told not to? It's like touching the wall where you see a 'Wet Paint' sign.
    And there was me thinking it was a positive command.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭Explosive_Cornflake

I actually thought it was something to do about not being able to read something, oh well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 920 ✭✭✭elvis2002

its like you shouldnt read here because its a secret.

Advertisement