Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Request] 1GB SD-card (Secure Digital)

• 17-09-2004 10:53am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭

Komplett have a 1024MB SD-card for €136 (including the €10 postage).
    Anybody find cheaper?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,813 ✭✭✭SteM

That's a great price. 7dayshop.com is normally where I find the cheapest memory and their 1gig SD card is £115stg!

Aria have one for £69stg but I'm not sure how much shipping would be.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

All I can find on Aria is this
    http://www.aria.co.uk/ProductsList.asp?Name=secure

1GB for £84.01 which is about 130euro. Post to england is £3 minimum so, if post is the same it is about 130-140 depending on how much the banks want to screw you on sterling exchange rates. Says the brand is aria, are they manufacturers or did they just label a generic disk?

Yeah, it doesn't come up when you search for it. Go to www.aria.co.uk, at the top of the page they have a Super Specials section, click on Show All... and the card is about half way down the page. If you click on the picture and scroll down you'll find some customer reviews I think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Found it, thanks. I skipped by it earlier as the iRiver caught my eye under it. I registered and then found out the ridiculous postage

Shipping weight : 0.0 Kg (approx)
    Subtotal :£58.50
    Shipping :£46.95
    VAT : £18.46
    Total : £123.91
    (inc VAT & delivery)

That is €85 to post something with a weight that doesnt even register! Say they wont send by royal mail to outside the UK.
    When registering and picking country it had UK, Ireland and other so I thought they would be used to sending stuff to Ireland. I got a big box delivered by svp on a 2 day courier with a dvdwriter and 100 blanks for only £11

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

rubadub wrote:
    Komplett have a 1024MB SD-card for €136 (including the €10 postage).
    Anybody find cheaper?

That's actually quite good. Shop4memory.com are selling one for 162 Eurons including postage.

Advertisement