Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Couple of quick Questions

Options
  • 17-09-2004 10:56am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 537 ✭✭✭

I was just looking up the job market there and there are a lot of jobs for people in the areas listed below
    I was hoping to get trained up in them but need to know what they are first
    I was wondering if you guys could help me out

Dashboard Applications
    Enterprise data warehouses
    SQR

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

This is what happens when marketing people are let write job ads :)
    All three are basically fancy terms for more or less the same thing

Dashboard Applications are basically just applications that report on various things about the business and have nice fancy graphs for showing management ,lot's of green means good and red means bad kind of stuff.

Enterprise Data Warehouses are basically just databases with things like customer lists, product lists and sales figures. The enterprise part hints that it's especially powerfull and could be distributed across several offices and allow for lots of users but that's probably ont always the case.

SQR is basically a language along the lines of SQL especially designed for quickly and easily reporting on large amounts of data.

To some it all up you would use SQR to pull information out of your Enterprise Data Warehouse and display it in your Dashboard Application. As far as training goes you should look into a good practicle databases course and maybe something like .Net or J2EE for the dashboard app. SQR might be a bit hard to find a specific course for but I'm sure there's plenty of tutorials on the net.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 537 ✭✭✭JohnnyBravo

Thanks man
    Just wanted to have a look into some night classes so went to the job market to see what was good in my area

Advertisement