Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GeIL Ultra Platinum PC3500 vs OCZ DDR PC-3700 Gold Revision 3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,630 ✭✭✭gline

are u heavy into overclocking, if so maybe pc4400 ram would be a better option, i dont think its that much dearer either.

I think the thermomoter is bit of a gimmick, it looks as if the thermometer is on the ram itself, if u have a tower case the ram will be on its side, even with a window u wont be able to see it, Unless i am mistaken and it actually monitors the temp in a windows controlled program???

• Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

255 will give me a overclock of 3.57GHz off a 2.8 My ram is stopping me going higher with a 1:1 memory divider. I think the OCZ will be more than enough. You it looks like its on the side of the modules which make it a complete waste of money

• Registered Users Posts: 65,316 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Dempsey wrote:
    255 will give me a overclock of 3.57GHz off a 2.8

Neither of those sticks will reach that, or maybe just. Only if you loosen the timings to CAS 2.5 or use a divider, but that defeats the purpose cause you can already do that with your current ram ;)

As gline said, you need ram with more bandwith. Get at least PC4000 but make sure it is CAS 2.5!!

With good memory, your mobo and a bit of luck, you should aim for the 3.5 to 3.7 range on air :)

Advertisement