Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Blair Witch...

Options
  • 11-08-1999 2:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 91 ✭✭

anyone seen this? Opinions?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭Monty - the one and only

seen what??????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 467 ✭✭Cheez

30k is cheap
    how much did resevoir dogs cost?
    bout 30 quid by the looks of it sunglasses.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

It's getting mixed reviews here.

Some people are coming out of the movie tramatised, others are just saying the movie is Crap, others come out with motion sickness.

1. If you don't know what the movie is about, it helps a lot. They had the investigations about it on TV and kind of ruined it.

2. It's not like a normal horror movie.

3. It only cost them $30K to make, I think it's grossed over 10 times that already.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 91 ✭✭koloth

Did you go see it hobbes? did you get your $$$ worth? I paid $8 and considering the production costs etc of the film, it is a bit much to pay. Although I'm glad I did see it, but it's not the ultra-dead-scary-it-will-have-you-jumping-10-feet-off-the-seat horror flick it's billed to be.

And for those that haven't heard of it, this film is getting a *lot* of press in the States. Cinemas across in the States were booked out for the first couple of days after release. The hype machine is working overtime on this one.

Naa I didn't see it, for just over/under (?) an hour it's hardly worth it. And I'd proberly puking from the camera work (one of the local cinemas have a warning telling people to leave if they get motion sick, as they are ****ed off cleaning up).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,518 ✭✭✭Hecate

bah, Take It Star Wars (again! smile.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭Monty - the one and only

Looks good, but is it any good?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,265 ✭✭✭MiCr0

star wars still took $400million over here
    blair witch is up to about $85mil
    and climbing fast
    a load of ppl have got motion sickness from the handheld camera work...
    its meant to be a bit shaky

MiCr0

BW is now at 100 Million +, it was 30K to make and about 100K to fix the film for wide release (camera work or sound was crap apprantly).

#1 film for two weeks now at the mo is 7th sense. And #2 is Bowfinger. Both look good, have yet to see them though.

[duplicate post removed]

[This message has been edited by Hobbes (edited 16-08-99).]

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

I actually saw that film over in the US, apart from a little feeling of sickness (due to how its filmed). It was a great film, pretty intense, although I won't spoil it for anyone by saying any more. See that & see Deep Blue Sea, another excellent film Isaw over there.

www.iol.ie/~mcguiret
    System Enhancement, as seen on planetunreal, qamex & Crimes pingpage

Advertisement