Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Austin Powers 2

Options
  • 02-08-1999 12:09am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭

hehe good.
    go see it smile.gif

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭Slosh

Yea - specially the Jerry Springer bit ... smile.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 483 ✭✭Helv

Noooooooooooooo!!!!!!!! Dont go and see it. Its sh!te. Basically, the jokes are exactly the same as the first film but not nearly as well exectued. There were only a couple of funny bits in it, when Fat Bastid is talking about his dick being legally dead. Really, I found it boring and I wouldn't waste my time or money to go and see it if I were you. I should have kept my fiver and bought 2 pints, it would have been much more enjoyable. BTW I'm not putting this film down cos I hate this type of film afaik i was really looking forward to it. This was much more of a let down that Star Wars was.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,518 ✭✭✭Hecate

wees all over star wars imho (that wouldnt be hard). $57 million in its opening weekend proves that point methinks.

besides, the entire point of the genre is inneuendo, toilet humour and double meanings. I found it quite enjoyable and good for a few laughs, despite a slight slow down in the middle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭Radovar

Yeah, especially the Jerry Springer bit.

Yeah, only the Jerry Springer bit.

(And the ' Uh I'm gonna Vom ' )

(And ' www.zip-it.com... .org ')

Ah it was all right. I was dissapointed at the time though.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

Dr Evil and Mini-Me pretty much stole the show. You could pretty much sleep through the Austin Powers parts if it wasn't for Ms Shagwell.

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭Draco

Any of the bits with Scott were quite good.

I shall call it my Death Star!

*cough* rip off *cough*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 483 ✭✭Helv

I still think its ****e

• Registered Users Posts: 5,049 ✭✭✭Cloud

Come on Star Wars was just like Austin Powers 2... Remember when Jar Jar stood in the *squelch*?

Toilet humour, Gunga style.

J.
    --

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

Hecate, a film taking a large amount of money at the US box office is absolutely no indicator of quality whatsoever. In fact the reverse is probably case - I cite Evidence Piece One:

The Lost World, had the largest ever opening weekend (75 mill odd) a record which still stands today, yet was unquestionably the biggest pile of $hite released that year.

Also, American Pie looks like risible juvenile claptrap, yet thats coining it in the States, so dinnae tell me thats an indication of quality. The Americans are some of the least discerning people in exsistence when it comes to spending their discretionary income.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

AP2 was still very funny tho. Slow in places, downright cringe-making in others, but worth it for the gemlike moments of pure insanity, like the Jerry Springer bit, or the visual gag with in the tent with the shadows.

I'm still rupturing myself laughing at some bits in the South Park movie, tho... it kinda puts AP2 into the shade smile.gif

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,955 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

Yeah Hecate - Good to compare Star Wars and Austin 2 as they are both films of such a similar nature.

M

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭johnoo

The 2 really funny parts were :
    1. when the guy fell down the cliff
    2. the songs - just the 2 of us and what if god was one of us
    LOL
    jj

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

The guy falling down the cliff was the same as the guy falling in the pit in AP1.

Hecates somewhat right. Opening box office is not a good way to litmus test a film. Staying power is though. Exhibit B: The Haunting.

Had a massive opening and good sales for the first week then dropped like a lead ballon after that.

Advertisement