Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Damn good US election site

Options
  • 17-09-2004 12:53pm
    Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭

A friend of mine passed this onto me the other day, and I must say its very handy for keeping track of the election:
    http://www.electoral-vote.com

It picks up on all the polls taken and is updated all the time (but do remember that its not always up to date, for example it took a while for it to reflect the new Bush lead after the RNC, mainly due to a lack of polls for the changed states).

Underneath the map are some details on the days changes, as well as other info such as the congressional votes.
    The guy running it also does his best to rid the info of so called "push-polls", which are polls with bias questions to try and get the desired answer, such as "Is Kerry good enough to run the country even though he lied about his military service?", and the same type of question for Bush in the other direction.
    He also refuses to accept that Bush had such a huge lead, because it has never happened before unless something major happened. (note today that 3 polls have a basically tied race, while gallup oddly gives Bush a 13% lead)

Anyway, thought I'd share it, because it's all I use to keep track of things, and its handy enough to have.

flogen

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭sovtek

I've never really bothered to look into, but I've often wondered if at least some of these cited polls take into account people that don't usually vote. Because I believe that more people are going to turn out this year than normal.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭flogen

sovtek wrote:
    I've never really bothered to look into, but I've often wondered if at least some of these cited polls take into account people that don't usually vote. Because I believe that more people are going to turn out this year than normal.

I think most of the reputable polls only get registered voters, or people who actually intend on voting.

flogen

Advertisement