Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I'd like a ruling

Options
  • 17-09-2004 12:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 275 ✭✭

Ok so if after a hand in the Fitz I expose 1 ( or both ) cards then the 'show one show all' rule kicks in.

What I'd like to know is if I expose my cards during a hand whats the state of play then?

Thanks Marq in advance ;)

Comments

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

My understanding is that if you show your hand to a player who is still playing then its dead. If you turn your cards over and show everyone then you can continue to play on. If the dealer mucks your cards then you can still play the board (happened to me once).

DeV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 275 ✭✭Spiritus

DeVore wrote:
    My understanding is that if you show your hand to a player who is still playing then its dead. If you turn your cards over and show everyone then you can continue to play on.

DeV.

Hmm so if I show them only to 1 player in a multiway hand then my cards are dead. But I can play my hand faceup aganst 1 player?

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

The rules vary from cardroom to cardroom afaik on the "showing one player when heads up". I suspect deliberately doing it will have them ruled dead.

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Drakar

I've seen Hellmuth ask could he show one card to his opponent to 'assist' him in making a calling decision, and he was told he couldn't.

I'm relatively sure I've seen people showing their cards thinking it was a showdown on World Poker Tour or something, when one of the remaining players was still considering their bet, and they just played on, so the person making the bet knew what cards that player had. I can't remember how many were in the pot though, or whether this was after the river.

Advertisement