Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GTA San Andreas

Options
  • 17-09-2004 12:58pm
    Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,683 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Since I recently bought a PS2 for burnout 3, my next anticipated purchase will be San Andreas. On the website it says PS2 only, but is this the way they release all there games, and they'll add xbox and PC later?

If it remains PS2 only, it'll at least make my PS2 v Xbox decision look a little better.

Can't wait to 'bust' a 'cap' in somebody, or to teach some 'hoes' a lesson.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,468 ✭✭✭Lex_Diamonds

Its been confirmed for PC alright, not sure about X-Box.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Its been confirmed for PC alright, not sure about X-Box.
    Shouldn't be long after. It's the same chip after all, twould only require some minor tweaks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 424 ✭✭the_obsolete

Hopefully they won't do a Vice City on it and cram too much into one disc so glitches and poorer graphics aplenty.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

delly wrote:
    Can't wait to 'bust' a 'cap' in somebody, or to teach some 'hoes' a lesson.

Yes. Damn those gardening implements. They should all be made to pay!

• Registered Users Posts: 945 ✭✭✭tipperaryboy

Yes it will be out on PC in late 2005 (i heard that on eurogamer.net).I'd say it may come out on XBOX after that.Xbox has Halo & Halo2,& the PS2 has the GTA so both console's have there own exclusives.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Hopefully they won't do a Vice City on it and cram too much into one disc so glitches and poorer graphics aplenty.
    :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

sony will fight tooth and nail to keep gta:sa off the xbox for as long as possible. their plan probably involves releasing SA around the time of the xbox2/ps3 timeframe, which makes the game pretty redudant on the xbox.

rumours are rife that rockstar have a new gta title in development for the ps3, as a launch title.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 833 ✭✭✭Stormfox1020

GTA: SA has been pushed back to the 29th of October now (still testing). As for the PC version itll be out around autumn 2005. GTA 4 as an launch title for the PS3!!!! :eek: /me goes down and pre-orders.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

In case you didn't know GTASA is going to have a play area roughly 4 times that of the VC maps supposedly with only 2 halves. Lot of other nice features too including SWIMMING!!! Bikes look like fun and the new 'keep fit' thing sounds fun. Roll on the 29th...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,823 ✭✭✭Horsefumbler

I reeeeally would rather play this on the PC but I'm not gonna wait 10 months so i'll guess it'll have to be ps2

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭Explosive_Cornflake

GTA: SA has been pushed back to the 29th of October now (still testing). As for the PC version itll be out around autumn 2005. GTA 4 as an launch title for the PS3!!!! :eek: /me goes down and pre-orders.
    Ahh feck, that going to be an interesting weekend, we have about 150 pre orders for it at work. I've been telling everyone it was the 22nd.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

The only reason they have pushed the release date back is because there isnt enough made to meet the demand of alll the preorders. there still wont be enough made but the week will help.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Real B-man

GTA San Andreas me drools

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

evad_lhorg wrote:
    The only reason they have pushed the release date back is because there isnt enough made to meet the demand of alll the preorders. there still wont be enough made but the week will help.
    We're still being told to tell everyone there's gonna be one for everyone on 29/10. We've nearly 400 preorders...
    *insert random Tallaght-GTA comment here*

• Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

Well what we're telling people is that it's a first come first served with the pre-orders. we dont really have as many but we have about 300. we may get that in but there are places with 700+ and I dont think theyll be getting all theirs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

We're still being told to tell everyone there's gonna be one for everyone on 29/10. We've nearly 400 preorders...
    *insert random Tallaght-GTA comment here*

400 preorders ,they are obviously not from tallaght, most tallafornians will be hanging around Liffey Valley waiting to mug young kids for GTA then escape on the 76!

:)

kdjac

Quick Q for the game staff, how many kids under 18 have you allowed to preoroder it ?

kdjac

• Registered Users Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭snappieT

I reeeeally would rather play this on the PC but I'm not gonna wait 10 months so i'll guess it'll have to be ps2

You can get genuine PS2 emulators for the PC, i'm sure you can find at least one for free, then (once you have a DVD drive) you can play PS2 games on the PC, using the original PS2 discs

You can also get USB adapters so you can plug official PS2 controllers into the PC... its just as though it was a PS2.

They do work, once you have a PC that has the min specs of a PS2, and unless you PC is ancient, this hould be OK

• Registered Users Posts: 19,518 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

You can get genuine PS2 emulators for the PC, i'm sure you can find at least one for free, then (once you have a DVD drive) you can play PS2 games on the PC, using the original PS2 discs

You can also get USB adapters so you can plug official PS2 controllers into the PC... its just as though it was a PS2.

They do work, once you have a PC that has the min specs of a PS2, and unless you PC is ancient, this hould be OK

You ARE kidding, right? :rolleyes:
    While you're at it, as long as you have a a new 'java enabled' phone, you should be able to download and play Doom3 . :D

You ARE kidding, right? :rolleyes:

I ain't kidding, and for people like me (no money) that want to get the game without having to wait a year, it's the only option.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,518 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

I'm guessing that you haven't got this working so far, right?
    Have a quick peek here .
    Even if such an emulator existed today that allowed you to play PS2 games at a reasonable speed, you would need a 'bleeding edge' machine, not a machine that has the "min specs of a PS2".

You'll be waiting a couple of years me thinks.. Might as well buy the PC version. :D

Wont be a fully working working PS2 emu for a while yet, some are close but not to fully emulate commercial titles.

kdjac

• Registered Users Posts: 6,007 ✭✭✭Moriarty

GTA: SA has been pushed back to the 29th of October now (still testing). As for the PC version itll be out around autumn 2005.

How does that work? VC was out for the pc less than 6 months after it's ps2 release.

By the way, I don't actually use an emulator... I can wait. I just know of them.

I dont see any reason why a PC meeting the same spec as a PS2 wouldn't work though. And the PS2 specs aren't tremendous

• Closed Accounts Posts: 229 ✭✭PcP

A PS2 has very different architecture to a PC and so it takes a lot of processing power for a PC to properly emulate the workings of a PS2

^^ best guess, open to correction

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 DieHardGamer

Why would someone want to play GTA on the PC??!!
    Ps2 is just as good, actually better.
    Of course San Andreas will be out for the Xbox, gta3 and vice city are so why not SA! But Sony knows that if they tell everyone that its PS2 exclusive then there will be loads of PS2s jumping of the shelf this christmas. Which is a good thing... PS2 rules!!!
    (By the way, Halo is coming to a PS2 near you soon)
    Even though i'd prefer Timesplitters 3 anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭Deadwing

Why would someone want to play GTA on the PC??!!
    Ps2 is just as good, actually better.
    Of course San Andreas will be out for the Xbox, gta3 and vice city are so why not SA! But Sony knows that if they tell everyone that its PS2 exclusive then there will be loads of PS2s jumping of the shelf this christmas. Which is a good thing... PS2 rules!!!
    (By the way, Halo is coming to a PS2 near you soon)
    Even though i'd prefer Timesplitters 3 anyway.

lol oh you n00bs crack me up. Ah young n00b i was once like you, much to learn, have you :D
    For a start Halo is property of MS so the chances of xbox's killer app appearing on a rival console is anorexic at best. Youd sooner find ken kutaragi in a 2 in a bed romp with bill gates.
    And people would play gta:sa on pc for the same reason i play vice city on my pc and not my ps2.
    1) graphics are wholly better than the ps2
    2) controls are alot better, aiming etc is much better than the 'hold r2, pray it locks on to an enemy, and fire blindly' aiming system of the ps2
    3) 3rd, and best reason, MODS. You cant get a downloadable go kart for vice city on ps2, or a real life bmw, audi, etc. Even a shopping trolley. You cant get mods like gta:libery city for ps2 (a mod that puts helis, bikes, weapons of vice city into gta3)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

1) the graphics aren't an awful lot better on the PC then they are on the PS2. i have both versions, by the way.
    2) controls are always sleeker on a PC, you're much more involved in the murderising process. but in SA, rockstar have improved the aiming system and taken it to a whole new level... apparently.
    3) i agree :(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

It something that comes very much down to preference.
    Personally, I hate playing GTA on the Playstation, I always have, from the first one to VC.
    The PC version offers a lot more than the PS2 version, that's why I prefer. Also, I find it plays better.
    Tbh, I don't care all that much about the game graphics, it's the gameplay that keeps me coming back.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 424 ✭✭the_obsolete

Plus ya can just get a plug n play joypad for your PC, so you still have that authentic console feel!

Advertisement