Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting Kazza or WinMX to work on UCD Network

• 17-09-2004 1:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

I'm having some trouble getting P2P programs (Kazza, Win MX) to connect while using UCD network. I have the programs installed on laptop and connecting using WIFI
    is the problem with Proxy or Firewall and is there are way arounf this

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 921 ✭✭✭Shaque attack

Guybrush wrote:
    I'm having some trouble getting P2P programs (Kazza, Win MX) to connect while using UCD network. I have the programs installed on laptop and connecting using WIFI
    is the problem with Proxy or Firewall and is there are way arounf this
    i take it you're in the quinn school? if so the problem is the firewall and i dont no of any way around it. theres also a proxy operating on that network but it can be avoided by using the wireless connection

• Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭chrismon

i dont think there is anyway around this?
    it has happened my friend and i tried for days!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 666 ✭✭✭pigeonbutler

We were told at PTC (Prelim technology Course) that the Firewall blocks all those File-Sharing programs from working. It's probably something got to do with American Universities getting sued by the Record industry over there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭Doodee

Well i'd say it would have more to do with Security on the Network. AFAIK the record industry cant really do much over here. If your going to use p2p programs, use em at home. the college pipes are for educational purposes.

Advertisement