Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Newsletter (Anyone remember DNTK?)

Options
13»

Comments

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

There is a famous IT/sociopolitical newsletter called "Need To Know" or NTK for short which I've read for years. Its really good but when I came to write my newsletter I realised I wouldnt really be able to (or interested in) writing anything that could match it. I wanted to write a more "throw away" bit of internet bubblegum so to speak. So I called it "Dont Need To Know" (DNTK) as there was rarely anything in it that people desperately needed to be told :)
    It was purely for a bit of a laugh.

Now, it faltered when I got extremely busy with Spin but I really enjoyed writing it and from feedback people seemed to enjoy reading it. Since it came out whenever I got my finger out it wasnt exactly deluging the subscribers.

Ironically Bubbles little spate of unsolicited PM's recently made me think about resurrecting it. Bubbles was out of line because he didnt qualify his list of people at all but rather decided FOR you if you were getting it or not. Control wasnt in your hands.

If I can make an option that says "send me DNTK" I will do so, if its non-trivial, I'll use the existing option and explain how it can be altered.

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,495 ✭✭✭irishgeo

this is a great idea.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,503 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

now i know, i have no objections!

Advertisement