Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ICPSA Issues

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭Pull!theother1

Looper1 wrote:
    I'm sorry but my tolerance for sufferance has been exceeded! While I congratulate the moderators on managing an excellent forum for the discussion of the shooting sports, I must decline to continue my contribution in the face of such an obstinate refusal to enter into debate.

Sorry I dissapoint the expectations you had of what I would contribute. I had hoped that this debate would involve more than you and I, and as has been verified by the end result, personalities and clashes of same do no good to anyone.
    I stand by what I said and I will always try to help people to help themselves, THEMSELVES.

I hold out little hope for the shooting community if debate on the future of the sport is stifled in such a manner. I fear we will get what we deserve in legislative control if this is is representative of the best arguments that an association can bring to bear in debate of its future.

There is an old saying about "Dont go away mad, just go away", but I do not subscribe to that this time. If you are not willing to engage with me, well why not try to cast your net wider and see how many of the others visiting here respond? I still cannot promise that you will not hear from me if I feel the need for a response though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 Banana Man

Well it seems to me that from reading the above messages there is a good deal of good ideas from both Looper and Pull, but there is also a lot of problems between them. Like Sparks, I agree, animosity will get us nowhere.
    Lets face it gentlemen, the one grievance we have here is with the ICPSA. They have not been up to standard with their attitude to clay pigeon shooting in this country.
    Now it is up to us as members to get the executive committee to clarify all matters and to have an open discussion on all points relative to the sport, and its future.
    For too many years now the sport has been dying on its feet. I firmly believe that if it was not for the members winning (and I mean this for all disciplines) Home International, World Cup medals and places, the sport would have died long ago. There is nothing in the sport to encourage achievement. All the above were achieved by personal sacrifice. Time to change.

Banana Man wrote:
    Well it seems to me that from reading the above messages there is a good deal of good ideas from both Looper and Pull, but there is also a lot of problems between them. Like Sparks, I agree, animosity will get us nowhere.
    Lets face it gentlemen, the one grievance we have here is with the ICPSA. They have not been up to standard with their attitude to clay pigeon shooting in this country.
    Now it is up to us as members to get the executive committee to clarify all matters and to have an open discussion on all points relative to the sport, and its future.
    For too many years now the sport has been dying on its feet. I firmly believe that if it was not for the members winning (and I mean this for all disciplines) Home International, World Cup medals and places, the sport would have died long ago. There is nothing in the sport to encourage achievement. All the above were achieved by personal sacrifice. Time to change.

Here! Here! Personalities and clashes of same benfits no one. At the risk of repeating myself yet again, if people have a problem with something well who better to bring change than themselves?
    The ICPSA is a shooters association paid for and administered by shooters for shooters. This "Them and Us" attitude has to change, on both sides.
    So let us have some mature discussions and if disagreements arise, so what? Maybe, just maybe, we will all be the better for it.

"Discussions". Yes it would be good for all concerned to have them, but this is where I feel the problem lies. It would seem that most members have the very distinct idea that the ICPSA does not want to enter into discussions because of what may arise, or more to the point, what they DO NOT want to hear.

I now read that "Target.ie" is to close. Just another indication to the state of clay pigeon shooting in this country. Maybe whoever ran the site did nothing during the day but even then there was not enough time available to them. Or maybe the just had no support.

• Advertisement

It is indeed sad to see that target.ie is to close down. Knowing the person involved, all be it not that well, the work load involved with the site in conjunction with his profession must have been immense. He should be commended on his past efforts and we can only hope that some time in the future he will again find time to go back on line.

Banana Man wrote:
    "Discussions". Yes it would be good for all concerned to have them, but this is where I feel the problem lies. It would seem that most members have the very distinct idea that the ICPSA does not want to enter into discussions because of what may arise, or more to the point, what they DO NOT want to hear.

We/they do listen, it is just not always obvious how to act without leaving ourselves open for further criticism. And take it from me, in most cases it is damned if you do and damned if you don't.
    I am not alone in wanting to take the Association and the sport forward, but as you can imagine it will take time as changes will be gradual, but in the long run it will all be for the better, we hope.
    It is coming up to provincial AGM time again and I would like to think that some of the views recently expressed and questions asked will find their way there as that is I believe the best forum for such discussions. Then the views of all concerned can be voiced and the discussion not just confined to those of us here.
    But will it happen?

Yes that would be interesting to see. Just on the point of Provincial Agm, when and where are they actually held ?, and are members notified ?. Is it too late to have a list of questions / suggestions put forward ?.

Banana Man wrote:
    Yes that would be interesting to see. Just on the point of Provincial Agm, when and where are they actually held ?, and are members notified ?. Is it too late to have a list of questions / suggestions put forward ?.

Presuming that you are a member of the ICPSA, the province to which you subscribe has a secretary whose responsibility it is to notify ALL members of where and when the Provincial AGM is.
    Notice of motions have to be submitted in advance and if you contact your provincial secretary he will advise you of the process.
    Questions and suggestions can of course be submitted in advance or raised on the night. The problem with the latter is that if there is a lot of business to be got through then the Chair may have to restrict AOB. So get writing.

The notice for the AGM of the ICPSA is sent out to all members by the National Secretary and motions etc are also accepted once the submission criteria are met.

The National AGM up to last year was held at the end of November with the provincial AGMs generaly held a month or so before that. The AGM this year was held in the spring so as to facilitate a full presentation of accounts up to the December year end which was never possible before due to the November meeting and this will probably be the pattern for the future.

I hope that this is of some help and if you have further questions please do not hesitate.

Many thanks. Yes I am a member of the ICPSA and I will certainly get writing.

• Advertisement

Anybody know the address of the ICPSA Secretary ??

• Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭fiacha

From ICPSA website....
    Joe Wade, Honorary Secretary, Lisboney, Nenagh, Co. Tipperary.
    Telephone: 353 67 33146 Fax: 353 67 41009

Many thanks Fiacha

Banana Man wrote:

Just in case you are a resident of the wild and wooly west, the Connaught CPSA AGM is being held on 17th November at 9pm in the Club House at Ballinasle CPC. I will post the other dates as I learn of them. Did you get sorted with the Secretary?

You and any other interested parties might like to check out www.icpsa.ie and see our new and improved (I think) web site. We can only keep it current by our members keeping us up to date, so lets hear from you all. ;)

Advertisement