Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

x800 voltage and watercooling questions???

Options
  • 17-09-2004 1:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,630 ✭✭✭

just woondering if anyone has done the pencil mod for the x800, for more core voltage?? Is the overvoltage protection mod necessary for the x800.

I have a watercooler for the x800, what voltage should i up it to??? what speeds can i expect with it???

Another question, the gpu waterblock i have is a generic waterblock with mounts for either nvidia or ati cards. I was just wondering though, the block is perfectly flat, but the x800 gpu has the protector around it, do i need to get a gpu block that is specifically designed for the x800 , like the maze4?? or will the perfectly flat block cover the gpu, or is the gpu slightly lower than the metal protector around the edge?? anyone had experience with this??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭dubdvd

alright there
    the last x800 pro i had put a zalman cooler on to it and you dont have to worry about the rasied border around the chip ...it explains that you just ave to make sure that the termanel grease is well put on and it will meet up with the chip fine as far as the watercooling is concerned im lost on that one :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭netman

i did the pencil vmod but never bothered checking the voltage.. i figure it's a bit higher, and doesn't give me any problems. too lazy i guess :)

i pencilled over a few times, as suggested on the guides, using the 2B pencil.

as for the watercooling, i've got a flat waterblock too and it works perfectly.
    gpu temperatures dropped by about 30-35C compared to the original aircooling. just add a bit of arctic silver and you'll be grand.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,630 ✭✭✭gline

netman wrote:
    i did the pencil vmod but never bothered checking the voltage.. i figure it's a bit higher, and doesn't give me any problems. too lazy i guess :)

i pencilled over a few times, as suggested on the guides, using the 2B pencil.

as for the watercooling, i've got a flat waterblock too and it works perfectly.
    gpu temperatures dropped by about 30-35C compared to the original aircooling. just add a bit of arctic silver and you'll be grand.

Yeh i tried the 2 mods, neither did anythin, yeh i am using a flat block aswell, check out the overclock i got on my x800pro in my sig. What di u get out of it??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭netman

I left it at default XT speeds - 520/560.

The highest I got it was 540/580 but it locks up sometimes, and gets unstable if I clock the CPU all the way. I could try hooking it up to a different molex to see if it gets any better, I'm guessing that it crashes when both CPU and GPU start draining the 12v rail.

Anyways, I'm quite happy with XT speeds and 16 pipelines out of a X800 Pro :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭dixsey

how did you get 16 pipelines in a pro?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭dixsey

how do you enable the other 4 pipelines,i know its done in the bios but i dont know how to do it

Check out http://www.techpowerup.com/articles/overclocking/vidcard/34 or google it, flashing x800 bios

dixsey wrote:
    how do you enable the other 4 pipelines,i know its done in the bios but i dont know how to do it
    Like i said in another thread, it only works on some OLD VIVO models, any new one it will not work on.

Advertisement