Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice needed, Cant decide which mp3 player to go for

Options
  • 17-09-2004 1:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭

I'm going to buy a harddrive mp3 player but not sure which one to go for.
    No ipod anyway and i think the creative zen is a little to big.
    Been researching this for a while and the ihp140 looks to be the way to go. But id like something small and dont mind if it has few gb's, as long as there's a few gb's!
    Anyone able to recomend me anything or send me in the right direction?
    MPIO HD200 5GB looks good price wise (€286) compared with a Creative MuVo2 4GB (€256) but not really compared to i-rivers ihp140 (€392) €100 more for 4X more space

Jozi

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,405 ✭✭✭fletch

Probably never heard of them but Cowon do a nice mp3 player....20 or 40gig, 35hr battery life and smaller and lighter than the iPod. Don't have one or know anybody that has one so can't really comment but its a sexy looking thing. Also boasts being the longest playing time HDD MP3P in the world

• Registered Users Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭jozi

I've seen it on advancedmp3players. Its only the long play one that does 35 hours and its 20gig. I do like it but read somewhere that the remote is to big or something about the remote that was disliked. Pitty cause it does look like a nice player.
    Thanks for the fast reply.

Jozi

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭funkyship

Hi Jozi,

Was there any reason why you dont like the iPod .. Im thinking of buying one myself but I havent done any research yet but im keepinp my options open. The I-River is looks pretty good

• Registered Users Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭jozi

funkyship wrote:
    Hi Jozi,

Was there any reason why you dont like the iPod .. Im thinking of buying one myself but I havent done any research yet but im keepinp my options open. The I-River is looks pretty good
    Mainly Battery life and the cost of replacing it when its worn out. Not really as much value for money as the i-river, but neither are the players with smaller (1-5gig) harddrives.
    Have you compared the spec of i-river's ihp140 and ipod? I-river is more feature rich that for sure.

Jozi

People please dont make this into a i-river Vs. ipod tread, i just want to know what you people can recomend me to do.

Advertisement