Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shocking incest in Star Wars scandal!

Options
  • 24-08-1999 12:52am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 39

Hmm just read this on a messageboard Han Solo is Luke Skywalkers brother, couldn't be arsed typing it myself so ill cut and paste

It is the first word said, and is perhaps the hardest to hear, because it comes before Vader grabs the Emperor. Almost right before; it seems to be the catalyst that galvanizes Vader into action. When he grabs the Emperor, what is said is: "Save him, Father". (The "him" is referring to Luke, who is being destroyed by the Emperor).

And the reason that it does not sound like James Earl Jones' voice is because it isn't, it is Harrison Ford's voice.

(Editor's Note - this is supposed to mean that HAN SOLO is "thinking" at Vader and using the Force to tell Vader to save Luke). You will see how this could have been possible later on...

As someone noted, Luke looks amazed; I believe that this is not only because of what was said (and that it clearly was said through the Force, under the circumstances) but because of who said it. This is borne out by something that comes later in the film, which I will mention a little further on.

This isn't the only interesting thing said on the Death Star; something comes a little later on, also. I know this dialogue is there, in addition to having heard it myself, because of two incidents, one 16 years ago, and one recently.

When the dying Vader collapses, but before the helmet is removed, Vader says, "Han", three times, the second one being the clearest.

16 years ago, I played it for someone over the phone. She heard very clearly, even though she came to the films as a staunch Luke fan and did not really want to hear it. Her only reaction was that Lucas did not really mean it (she did not say that it wasn't there, or that he was not saying "Han").

The recent incident involved a friend, who was watching the film with certain members of her family, including her nieces. Their mother, who has absolutely no interest in the Wars films, and certainly has no knowledge of the esoteric elements in the films, also heard the name being said.

The third element, to which I referred to above, happens at the Ewok ceremony. When Luke arrives and he and Han embrace, Luke silently mouths the word "Thanks".

There would be no reason for this, if it did not refer to the Death Star incident (and I give Luke full marks for being willing to give thanks where he felt they were due).

Again, I don't necessarily think that Lucas is still going to do this more complicated, nine-part story, but I do think he was going that way back then.

Remember what Lucas' original idea was for the story: an older brother comes to find his younger brother, and they go in search of their father.

Lucas may have decided to keep that idea, but in a hidden fashion (which might explain Han's expression when Leia says that she and Luke are siblings; he's furiously working out the lineage, to ensure that he doesn't have a problem!)

Don't have a copy of ROTJ some1 go check if they can hear it i couldnt be arsed

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭Asuka

OK, firstly id like to point out that i checked this out on the special edition tape of ROTJ, so it might have been changed for it.
    Before vader picks up the emperor, there is a barely audible 'father' that may or may not be from luke. There is no 'father, help him'.
    As for the 'han' thing, i didnt hear that either, and i think that it might just be a misinterpretation of vaders breathing (it all sounds like that, but especially when it becomes laboured at the end).
    >When Luke arrives and he and Han embrace Luke silently mouths the word 'Thanks'.
    Erm... no, he doesnt.
    >which might explain Han's expression when Leia says that she and Luke are siblings; he's furiously working out the lineage, to ensure that he doesn't have
    a problem!
    Yeah, but then he smiles, which would not be the expected response...

If you want my opinion, this is a misinterpretation made by an over-imaginative mind. Also, it doesnt make sense when you think of it in relation to the rest of the trilogy... it is a very flawed theory.

Asuka

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

so who is r2d2 related too and would it be cyborg incest when r2 puts c3po back together in star wars and emperor stricks back?

and doesnt carrie fisher have fine tits smile.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭Asuka

When the films were made 20 years ago...

'didnt' would possibly be a better choice of wording...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,518 ✭✭✭Hecate

>and doesnt carrie fisher have fine tits

yeah must pull that tape out smile.gif

Advertisement