Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Popping my cherry tonight :)

Options
  • 17-09-2004 2:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 28

Hopefully I'll see some of you later at the Fitz.. thanks for the tips. Hopefully I have some beginners luck...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭dirkey_wynne

Hey Ed. I'll probably head in there after work, so should see you in there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 Edmundo

Great stuff.. what time should I aim for lads?

I usually head in for 5:30 after work, though may be going in slightly earlier today due to my aim to see muchos Ryder Cup action!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭Juan Pablo

Anyone else heading in? I'll play a quick tourney if there are the bodies.

See you there

• Advertisement
  • Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Got BSOP on tonight, might hit a SNG for a warm up first but probably not.

DeV.

Ah go on DeV. You know you want to. And we need some easy money... ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Foxy2004

Yep, still a beginner like Edmundo..but goina try get another slice of the action this evening...
    will be there about 5.15..
    Cya's there..

Well done Edmundo on a solid victory while popping your cherry. By the way it was I who ya beat heads up. Fair play.

Thanks Dirkey. To be honest I got great hands. At different stages I had pocket K's, 10's, Q's I couln't believe it.... Anyway I definitely be back.. I had a great time and the and where sound... even when I through my cards away out of turn and had posted the big blind... I had to laugh at myself when I went home.

• Advertisement

Ah everyone makes mistakes like that! No need to be laughing...you won the money!

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Aye, I think everyone makes that mistake the first time :)
    (The dealer handed them back to me when I did it and I gave them back to him insisting I wanted to fold!! :eek:)

Was that you sitting behind me during the first game (you werent playing). Curly hair, right?

Be warned, it can be addictive when you are winning!

DeV.

Yeah, that was me... I was hangin around trying to see what tips I could pick up before playing...

Advertisement