Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Star Wars Episode 1 - My Review

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭Monty - the one and only

I'm off to see the wizard,the wonderful wizard of ozz, Naaaahhh. I'm just going to see TPM again tonight

"Why do I sense that we've picked up another pathetic life form"

[This message has been edited by Monty - the one and only (edited 27-07-99).]

[This message has been edited by Monty - the one and only (edited 28-07-99).]

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Jaysus Monty,

Seeing it once is bad enough but multiple times smacks of desperation.

"There must be something good in it......"

Theres more entertainment watching paint dry !!!

smile.gif

Gandalf.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,265 ✭✭✭MiCr0

/me installs Inappropriate Post Guard99 for Microsoft...

"Programming today is a race between software engineers
    striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof
    programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger
    and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 483 ✭✭Helv

There is something good in it...Natlie Portman. Shes a ride, although a bit of a squirt. She looked to be a foot smaller then Neeson in the film.

Actually, come to think of it, i didnt think it was too bad, although that little sh!t head Aniken was crap and it did need a few X-wing in it, and there should have been more and longer of those dog-fights in space between those stupid looking Naboo fighters and thes Ties!!!

• Advertisement

That movie gets better and better. The strange thing is before this movie, I was not a die hard fan. But know I cant get enough of it. I'll probably see it again and again. And Jar Jar Binks IS funny.
    I'll have an ew quoat tomorrow
    or maybe later on.

wink.gif

"Gungans get pasted to, eh?"

• Registered Users Posts: 10,339 ✭✭✭✭LoLth

I would write something attempting witticism but I am afraid that I an too occupied trying to contain my excitement at the prospect of a new Jar-Jar comment....

J.

NATALIE PORTMAN!!

NATALIE PORTMAN!!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

What Helv said cheeky.gif

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

I've a feeling that Natalie Portman looks about a foot shorter than Liam Neeson in the film because she is in fact about a foot shorter than him smile.gif He's 6' 4'', she isn't, so its not very surprising really is it?

"Steady, steady!"

I'm going to do other characters aswell
    how about some Sidious?

My apprentace, Darth Maul will find your lost ship

iiimmmmmmmmmmm.........
    Natalie Portman

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

destroy them........all of them.

hmm, its not that hard actually is it?

Its not, because its Natalie Portman, and shes short

So is her double, which is really her.
    Two of them, kewl. I want the one without all the white muck on her face.

you not find it disturbing that she's going to get it on with that kid (sorry leo decap) in the next movie?

She only just turned 18 didn't she?

do u have the really annoying pepsi ad
    over there... with the taxi driving alien...
    *groan*
    its desperate

"Programming today is a race between software engineers
    striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof
    programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger
    and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."

• Subscribers Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭Draco

I heard that who ever plays Anikin in II is *not* going to be a big name. And DiCraprio is definitly off the list.

Darth Draco

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

yeah, but if it was leo dicrap, at least he coule not only universily hated in real life, but end up being galaxy hated in star wars smile.gif

darthwashman

I don't watch TV as a general rule Micro smile.gif

The only ad I've seen for it is the KFC/Taco Bell/Pizza Hut combo advert with the cononel, some chick and the Taco dog fighting those Droids.

Although I think the Taco dog should play Jar Jar in the next episode, he's got more class.

u seen the taco bell ad?
    for the family meal for $9.99 with the
    mexican pizza
    it looks gross btw
    its the ad with the dog in the middle of
    new york stopping all the taxis..
    thats a really bad ad..

"Wesa goin' home"

Had to make my daily comment

wink.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 2,518 ✭✭✭Hecate

hmm...so natalie portman is luke and leia's ma.

And someone actually thinks this is the best movie of the year smile.gif...oh dear.

Anyway if there is anything good about this film (besides natalie portman) its that pod racer game...i got up to 1200mph last night smile.gif

I'm sorry to say it, but that game is sh!te...It's way too easy

sad.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

Yeah, go play F-Zero X instead, much better smile.gif

Speaking of Leo, did anyone notice the news item about him trademarking his name? He now has to be credited in movies as "Leonardo Di Caprio (TM)" - sad or what?

Still, he woulda kind of fitted as older Anakin...

Ja,
    Darth Shinjious

Leo, as Anakin, you have got to be joking. Remember it is Darth Vader we are talking about. Hes a bad muthaf*cka not a fooking wimpy little whuss like DiCaprio. Also in the Original Star Wars, Darth was about 6'4 or something. Leos a fooking squirt.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭Asuka

Ok, first off, Darth Maul is the phantom menace... ppl may argue that he wasnt in the film enough, but Darth Sidious was in it even less, ruling him out as the character the title was based upon.
    About the Sidious-Palpatine thing... they look the same (attributed to the fact that they're played by the same actor), but the thing about not feeling Sidious' presence when Palpatine is there is confusing... possibly the jedi can feel individual presences but not whether the presence is good or evil (afterall they never met sidious)?
    Also, if Palpatine wasn't Sidious, then he certainly developed his powers quickly - powerful enough to survive a fall down a VERY big shaft in a space station which subsequently exploded (according to certain sources) makes him more powerful than even Yoda.
    Plus Palpatine in later films was not known as Darth Sidious (and he didnt have a light sabre - he called (scornfully) a 'jedi's weapon').
    On another point Micro said that the emperors presence was never felt in the original films... well until the third film that was because he wasnt present!
    After that they already knew he was present, making 'feeling his presence' a bit pointless.
    And he was much farther away when Luke felt Vaders presence... Vader was on the Command Ship while the emperor was on the Death Star.

Now I feel much better.

Asuka

Vader: Luke, I know what you got me for Christmas.
    Silence
    Vader: Luke, I know what you got me for Christmas.
    Silence
    Vader: Luke...
    Luke: Okay, okay! How do you know what I got you for Christmas?
    Vader: I felt your presents, Luke.

• Advertisement

I thought for some reason or another he exploded! at the bottom of the shaft. Why else would he be screaming as he fell down the shaft? Not that he was about to become the most powerful of them all. If he was going to be stronger than Yoda, but would he be more powerful than Vader???

Advertisement