Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ghostbusters on DVD

• 25-08-1999 1:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 483 ✭✭

Anyone know if theres going to be a third?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

Dunno, said on the DVD they weren't happy about making the Second, so I doubt it. If they did I can't see them having the old guys in it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

It was really cheap here when I got it ($19).

I have to say it uses the full features of the DVD.

You have the movie..

Live video commentary with - Ivan Reitman, Harold Ramis (egon) and some other guy.

Production photos, conceptual drawings.

Deleted Scenes.

Featurette (1999 one and original)

SFX documentary
    SFX before and after (alternate angle mode)

Trailers

Production notes subtitled.

Even the menus are cool. smile.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,339 ✭✭✭✭LoLth

according to the Ghostbusters fanclub site (don't ask how I found that) , there will be.

I forget which guy (not Egon) will be in it, but it'll be a new cast. Also it's not the cast from the later cartoon series.

I'll find that URL again.

J.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,518 ✭✭✭Hecate

oh yeh, Ghostbusters ruled so much smile.gif

wonder if its here yet?.

Which brings me to somthing, the selection of DVD's in Ireland has actually gotten quite good recently, you can now get loadsa decent titles and the DVD sections in major stores are starting to rival the oul videotapes (well not quite but theyre getting there).

the problem is they are so fukin expensive. Example: In HMV Tommorrow Never Dies retails for £28.99. i mean ffs we're used to getting fleeced for stuff here but this is a joke smile.gif. The thing thats really weird is its £17 down the road in Virgin.

Mabye now that Xtra Vision have started renting them it might take off here more, thats how video got started smile.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Jesus H. Christ hecate never buy DVD's from HMV they are known rip-off merchants when it comes to DVD. I normally buy all my DVD's from the US as I have have my DVD Kit "Doctored" to play all regions. Normally a fair bit cheaper with more extras on ths disks.

Gandalf.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 483 ✭✭Helv

How much are rentals from Xtra Vision?

Yes but does anyone know how much it cost to rent dvds?

never said i bought anything from them smile.gif

just comparing prices. But there is a decent selection available now.

Go into Xtra Vision and ASK smile.gif

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

I think it's £3 a pop to rent. If you wanna rent a player - you've gotta give 'em a £75 deposit and then pay for the rental! FS!

Shower of *******s. My local video place kicks Xtra ass - it's way cheaper and it's got all the Star Trek vids (currently available) from all series sunglasses.gif

Anyway - what's really gonna sent DVD thru the roof world-wide will be Star Wars. DVD's already very, very popular I know, but it still doesn't have that little extra umph needed to close the coffin lid on video.

Time will tell...

All the best,

Dav
    @B^)
    homepage.tinet.ie/~davitt

• Advertisement

I thought that they were only going to be released as a box set in 2006. Thats what I heard (probably on these boards) but thats got to be to buy. They must be releasing them to rent.

Advertisement