Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best film soundtrack and title tune thus far?

Options
  • 31-07-1999 12:25am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭

Let us have learned discourse on what the best soundtrack going is.

I shall reveal my age by saying that my fav piece o music from a credit sequence ever is definitely The Terminator smile.gif man you cant beat that, except you can cos if I hear the Imperial March played anywhere I go wibbly.

Best overall orchestral soundtrack: The Thin Red Line.

Best incidental/song soundtrack: Lost Highway.

Any thoughts?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭Slosh

Got the Matrix st today, good stuff reeeal loud.... Other than that you cant beat the original Star Wars st, Leia's Theme - soooo cool...

[This message has been edited by Slosh (edited 31-07-99).]

• Registered Users Posts: 2,518 ✭✭✭Hecate

cant go far wrong with the matrix ost. Where else would you find Heavy metal in german and marylin manson on the same CD?.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

The Matrix... Just love "Clubbed to Death", best score ever smile.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 6,265 ✭✭✭MiCr0

the run lola run ost is meant to rock...

[This message has been edited by MiCr0 (edited 02-08-99).]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 483 ✭✭Helv

Thin red line ost is actually quite good

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭Draco

I *love* the Matrix sound track.

Du!

Du hast!

Du hast mich!

The Proppelerheads track is great as well.

And you can't go far wrong with the Imperial March as well.

Herr Draco.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

hmm, the only one i have got recently (within last 5 years anyway) is the godzilla one.
    unfortunately the only good songs are brain stew by green day and that lad with the big hat. jk. cant rememebr the name f the band. you know, im a space cowboy one.
    ahh forget it!

quite fond of the rocky horro pisture show one as well smile.gif
    now theres showing your age.

but best one ever is repo man.
    nuff said

JK from Jamaroquoi

• Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭Radovar

The A Clockwork Orange soundtrack, by a mile. It's all classical, some of it is original, and its all electronic.

Buy it just for the sake of the music, then see how PERFECTLY it fits in the film. By Walter Carlos btw.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

Older movies,

I like "True Romance" ("Your So Cool" by Hans Zimmerman )

and

"A life less ordinary" (most of it)

The theme tune to "Brazil" is good as well (starts whistling it). And I've been humming "ButterCup" all day, the theme tune to "Something about Mary", cause the DVD version has a karioke of it. smile.gif

[This message has been edited by Hobbes (edited 04-08-99).]

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭Monty - the one and only

The best Tune is "the Duel of the Fates" from the phantom menace sound track.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 Graysonn

As far as Classical\orchestral tracks go I would have to say the three best that I've heard are The Mission, The Piano(I know it's chick flick) and that track from Betty Blue that sticks in your head.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

"Speed" actually had a pretty good score, imo. "The Matrix" OST obviously rocks incredibly.... and other than that... hmmm..

Star Wars, naturally.

2001: A Space Oddessy - nothing original, but it has Zarathrusta and the Blue Danube...

Vision of Escaflowne has the best orchestral/choral soundtrack ever made (composer named Yoko Kanno did it) but was never released in Europe sad.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 467 ✭✭Cheez

i haven't got round to buying the damn cd yet
    but id say the omen soundtracks pretty good
    cause i remember the really freaky atmosphere it gave to the film hmmm or maybe that was the omen5 with the little girl in it
    anyway the films musics class like that carmena berana thingy sept with less people and scary music!! mad
    /me not very good at explainations

• Registered Users Posts: 5,049 ✭✭✭Cloud

Being somewhat of a music buff :-) here's my list of faves -

* Blade Runner (Vangelis r00ls!)
    * Trainspotting (good electronica soundtrack)
    * Star Wars: A New Hope (especially the Cantina Band bit, love it!)
    * Akira (Kanedaaaaaa, Tetsuooooooo)
    * Moby - I Like to Score (okay, it's tracks taken from different films, Heat, James Bond etc., but still good)
    * Any of the Tangerine Dream 80's soundtracks like Firestarter, Risky Business etc.
    * The Shawshank Redemption (nice)

A Clockwork Orange (that's WENDY Carlos now Rad smile.gif is good too, esp. the new release with the full Carlos score.

I also got this cool Sci-Fi channel CD, "Defenders of Justice" (I think), basically they released 4 CDs, one superheroes, one star trek/wars, one horror and one something else - the one I got is all the old hero themes, Superman, Batman, Spiderman, Spiderwoman (!), The Six Million Dollar Man, Terminator, Knight Rider, great fun!

John.
    --
    Johnny B. on Flirt FM / 105.6 FM
    http://leo.nuigalway.ie/flirtfm/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,518 ✭✭✭Hecate

duel of the fates?

i have the TPM soundtrack here, you want?..for evaluation purposes of course smile.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

Do I spot a common theme in Cloud's musical tastes there? smile.gif

Ya really need to get something more dramatic into that fare John... tongue.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

whats the tune playing during the lightsaber duel at the end of the phantom menace?

and any1 know offhand where i might get my hands on the mp3 for download.... for evaluation purposes naturally

Another great is:
    South Park:Bigger, Longer & Uncut soundtrack

Not only is it good but it's funny too

smile.gif

[This message has been edited by Monty - the one and only (edited 10-09-99).]

Why are you bringing up a dead topic?

Anyway, don't say fu<k, say mmmmmmmm'kay.

• Advertisement

Also what is the name of the track when Kenny goes to hell? Thats kickin.

I just felt like it. I haven't played all of the tracks yet, no sign of it so far.

Uncle fvcker is in there too

[This message has been edited by Monty - the one and only (edited 10-09-99).]

God dammit!
    The hell song is not there.....
    but there are some very weird interpetations.
    Kiles mom is a big fat b!tch for example.

And a dance version of I'm super!

Advertisement