Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

William Shatner question and quotes

Options
  • 17-09-2004 10:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭

First of all, a question: Is it true that Shatner is the person who coined the expression "nerds living in their parents' basement"? I read that somewhere (don't know where exactly) and am wondering if it's true.

Secondly, here are some Shatner quotes (his own, not of characters he plays) - I thought people might enjoy reading them, they are either wise or funny:

"Don't just shove food into your mouth. Taste the flavor exploding in your mouth. Appreciate the texture. Honor your food with the time you take."

"At that point, looking remarkable healthy, the skunk gave me the finger (I swear!) and casually strolled back into the woods."

"Babies have big heads and big eyes, and tiny little bodies with tiny little arms and legs. So did the aliens at Roswell! I rest my case."

"I'm coming little animal!"

(from thinkexist.com)

Remember-you can't beam through a force field. So, don't try it.

(brainyquote.com)

Comments

Hmmmm,
    Was randomly listening to 2fm yesterday and on came William shatner singing "common people"
    It's on release next month, it's wierd but in a good way.

And a quick google brought me to this

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

William Shatner and Henry Rollins???.... together???... that's just too cool to be true!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

simu wrote:
    "Don't just shove food into your mouth. Taste the flavor exploding in your mouth. Appreciate the texture. Honor your food with the time you take."
    I gather he once basically lived on fruit salad for a year while a struggling stage actor so I presume he's appreciated his food since. Waist certainly testifies to it (not that I can talk)

Earthman wrote:
    Hmmmm,
    Was randomly listening to 2fm yesterday and on came William shatner singing "common people"
    It's on release next month, it's wierd but in a good way.
    The album's kind of wacky but good. About half the tracks are collaborations, the rest aren't. On the whole, rather better than Mr Tambourine Man/Theme From Cyrano and all the rest of the stuff on The Transformed Man. Temporarily entertaining if nothing else. I rather like his version of Common People to be honest. I suffer from "eclectic and indefensible musical taste syndrome".

• Registered Users Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

got the transformed man stuff the other day, have to say i quite like the common people song though

• Registered Users Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭Ste.phen

She packed my bags last night pre-flight
    Zero hour nine a.m.
    And I’m gonna be high as a kite by then
    I miss the earth so much I miss my wife
    It’s lonely out in space
    On such a timeless flight

And I think it’s gonna be a long long time
    Till touch down brings me round again to find
    I’m not the man they think I am at home
    Oh no no no I’m a rocket man
    Rocket man burning out his fuse up here alone

Mars ain’t the kind of place to raise your kids
    In fact it’s cold as hell
    And there’s no one there to raise them if you did
    And all this science I don’t understand
    It’s just my job five days a week
    A rocket man, a rocket man

And I think it’s gonna be a long long time...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭Cactus Col

Did shatner cover some songs for the MTV awards a few years ago? ... seem to have the memory of him doing "you could be mine" by G'N'R

if so ... does anyone know where I can hear that stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭magick

yup he did a breif part of Britney Spears "im a slave for your love" pure classic ! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭Raoul Duke

Igy wrote:
    She packed my bags last night pre-flight
    Zero hour nine a.m.
    And I’m gonna be high as a kite by then
    I miss the earth so much I miss my wife
    It’s lonely out in space
    On such a timeless flight

And I think it’s gonna be a long long time
    Till touch down brings me round again to find
    I’m not the man they think I am at home
    Oh no no no I’m a rocket man
    Rocket man burning out his fuse up here alone

Mars ain’t the kind of place to raise your kids
    In fact it’s cold as hell
    And there’s no one there to raise them if you did
    And all this science I don’t understand
    It’s just my job five days a week
    A rocket man, a rocket man

And I think it’s gonna be a long long time...

If you want the video to go along with that go here . The file is about 44MB so broadband needed. This is a must see though. Possibly the worst "video" ever?

Advertisement