Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

More Sonata Modding!

Options
  • 18-09-2004 2:04am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,891 ✭✭✭

After getting the watercooling into it ok, i decided to go one further. Feelin a bit more adventurous after doing the watercooling, i had no fear removing the PSU to apply some cable sleeving. What came next however, i was not mad about. In the cable sleeving description it says "expands 150%"..grand...i'll slip it over the molex connectors....no such luck. I had to remove each and every molex connector, cut the sleeving, put it on, replace the molex's and so on. Took me over four hours to do what i thought would be a 20min job! It looks excellent though!! I did all the fan wires and stuff while i was at it aswell. Its UV reative blue sleeving!

The kit i got was from kustompc.co.uk, i'd recommend them. I paid £3 for delivery and it was here in two days. Cant ask for any better for that money. I e-mailed them a few times and got a prompt helpful reply.

While getting the sleeving, i also ordered some UV reactive dye for the watercooling. It came with plastic gloves and a dropper. On the bottle it advises the use of eye goggles and protective hand material...worrying. I'll post up pics when i get a UV light tomorrow!!

There was however, a BSOD [blue screen of death] involved :( . I turned everything on, hoping the molex's would be okay...they were..browsing boards and then whack, blue screen. Rebooted and my temps were in the high 60's :eek: First thing that came to my head was 'the uv dye has fcuked up my temps'...on closer inspection i had not wired up the 120mm watercooling fan properly and it wasnt spinng at all. whoopsies. I'm now sitting in the 30's with a 400mhz overclock. :)

BTW, I'm aware the sonata doesnt have a window!!

The only thing that looks **** inside my case now is the orange MSI S-ATA wires. If anyone has any blue ones knocking around or u have blue ones and dont care if they turn orange, PM me!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,754 ✭✭✭Col_Loki

Really want to see how you get on with the die, just ordered the UP tubing from hitide myself....... erm that reminds me, no side window and no UV lights.... DOH!!

Post some pics if you can?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,891 ✭✭✭Jammer

UP tubing? presume u mean UV? I couldn't get different tuving for my kit...my kit uses push to fit, not clamps so didnt really want to chance anything...the cpu block is right above my 9800Pro!! :eek:

I'll post pics when i get the UV Light. I got "invisible blue" as opposed to "deep blue"...it should match the LEDs in the front of the sonata...thats my hope anyway. Will be off to pc world or maplins first thing in the morning to let them finanically rape me for a UV light.

heres a (really bad quality) pic without the light...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,333 ✭✭✭Dr Bolouswki

• Registered Users Posts: 1,333 ✭✭✭Dr Bolouswki

kustompc.co.uk? just redirects to microsoft.com....

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 3,541 ✭✭✭duridian

Phew, glad you posted that. I was afraid something nasty had come in SP2 to affect Mozilla users when the thing started redirecting to M$.com :eek:

Advertisement