Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IOL broadband sluggish since last night.

• 18-09-2004 4:06pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

I installed win xp service pack 2 and i booted up the pc and my broadband was sluggish. Working in patches. So it woudl be working amazingly for about ten minutes then not at all for a while and so on so forth.

Is it because of service pack 2 or is it just iol broadband?

never had these problems with iol broadband before...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

Roll back SP2 and see what happens. You wouldn't be the first to experience probs with SP2 :(

<edit>by the way im on the blanch exchange and I have no probs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭simonm2

My IOL/EsatBt broadband went haywire around 1am this morning - I could see the green light on the zxyel going off completely at times. I gave up and went to bed - everything was fine this morning (Sunday 19th).

I wonder are they doing an upgrade/update of somekind?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭Borris

eircom and iol do all maintance from 12-30 till 5am, so as not to kick ppl off.

SP2 firewall causes havoc with all network connections, disable the firewall and install zonealarm or the likes, and you will have no trouble, if all alse fails, turn off/on the modem, and if that fails reset the modem, and reconfigure it.

Advertisement