Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Stephen Elliot

• 18-09-2004 5:14pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭

Do know if I need spoiler tags for a Sunderland result so I just wont mention it. Elliot scored 2 today and takes him to 5 for the season already. Looks like he could live up to his potential which would be good for the country.

I know the guy reasonably well and hes a really nice chap so it would be great to see him do well. The only problem he had was his size but he did a lot of strength work with Man city and it doesnt seem to be a problem anymore, he filled out very well although it seems to have a bit of an effect on his pace.

Comments

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

Well it is one of the areas in the pitch that Ireland need depth in. There's probably a chance that he will do better than Morrison too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

8 appearances for Sunderland, 4 starts, 5 goals and at least 3 assists (I only know about 3, there could easily be more). 10 appearances and 6 goals for the Ireland U21's. Those are absolutely superb statistics for a 20 year old. There are players that show early potential and flop but Elliott will certainly not flop.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Defintley one to keep an eye on ,shame Sunderland got him tho. Would have liked to see him with a mid table prem team ,we have more than enough Div 1 players. hopefully he get out by end of season.

kdjac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Draupnir

from what im told he is very happy there and only chose the club over Celtic because McCarthy guaranteed him a game and Martin O'Neill wouldnt.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

KdjaC wrote:
    Defintley one to keep an eye on ,shame Sunderland got him tho. Would have liked to see him with a mid table prem team ,we have more than enough Div 1 players. hopefully he get out by end of season.

kdjac
    If he stayed at Man City he'd still be rotten in the reserves so I'm happy he's at Sunderland. Pity he didn't choose Celtic though. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

eirebhoy wrote:
    If he stayed at Man City he'd still be rotten in the reserves so I'm happy he's at Sunderland. Pity he didn't choose Celtic though. ;)

Prolly felt he get back to Prem quicker with Sunderland ...;)

kdjac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,981 ✭✭✭Big Ears

KdjaC wrote:
    Prolly felt he get back to Prem quicker with Sunderland ...;)

kdjac

Why are they going to get promotion because of they're large fan base like Fiorentina ? ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 429 ✭✭ella minnow pea

i reckon he should be called up for the faroe islands game instead of connolly

Advertisement