Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DVD Poll

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

Whats the point of voting unless something comes of it?

Btw, you's are getting shafted, can't believe you have flippers which are half the movie. Only flippers I have are wide/pan screen formats or extras on the other side.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Hmmmm Hobbes why are u getting so serious, its just a bit of fun.

Errr we're only getting shafted if we buy them, which I don't. Most of my DVD's are bought online from DVDExpress, DVDBoxoffice and Amazon (with coupons). I only have a few Region 2 DVD's which were impulse buys and I made sure they weren't flippers.

Gandalf.

Ahh, I just get all serious when people start voting on something or complain about something and expect someone else to do something about it smile.gif

Just ignore me. smile.gif

We know quite a few of us know better then to buy in Europe, but the average punter doesn't know better and it's the muppets that keep the system the way it is. smile.gif

• Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 5,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭Maximilian

Excuse my ignorance, but what exactly is a flipper?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

sigh. Once again your ignorance disgusts me max. could you not check this out with a certain omnipotent ego we all know and love smile.gif

a flipper is what a dolphin or similar creature uses to move through water, or flap about whilst gasping helplessly for air after the tides gone out. or in the context of DVD's, tis a DVD you have to get up in the middle of the film and turn it over co shalf the films on one side and t'other is on the other.

As we all know, in this ultra lazy late 20th century, the prospect of having to get off your ar$e once during a two hour or so period is just too much for some people to bear tongue.gif

• Advertisement

dam straight CastorTroy, I even have a remote which switches my remote for me.

Advertisement