Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Matrix

Options
  • 18-09-1999 2:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭

Joy Joy Happy Happy my copy of The Matrix on DVD has just shipped. smile.gif

Gandalf.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 483 ✭✭Helv

I have it on me PC at home. The "Z" version that is. Quality is ****e but it is still worth watching.

Oh and you can get it from reel.com for $12.49.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

I got it for $20 (£14), and I have to say ... "wow" and I haven't even watched the movie yet.

My Mac don't seem to like it, so I have to watch it on the PC at home.

I take the Wow back. They have ruined it. frown.gif I am at this moment trying to find a complaints section on WB's site.

1. First off the quality is S H I T E. I wouldn't be surprised if I saw someone stand up halfway though it. you think they would of digitally mastered it.

2. Only works on the PC, and even then the layer switching is terrible, freezes up constantly.

3. It's in Widescreen (the menu as well). The menu is in full wide screen, but the movie has two massive black lines above and below making the view even smaller.

4. I haven't fully looked at the rest yet as I'm so ****ed off about the state of the movie, but I turned on the directors commentary and it sounds like they had one microphone for the lot of them as Ms Moss sounds like she's halfway across the room at times.

... Apprantly I'm not the only person who's having the same problem..

http://wbboards.warnerbros.com/ultimate/cgi/forumdisplay.cgi?action=topics&number=68&start=here

[This message has been edited by Hobbes (edited 22-09-99).]

Wow a black and red board.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Just watched the Matrix DVD tonite. OMG its so cool. Pity I just bought a Samsung DVD709 Player for the TV. The matric apparently doesn't work on it (then no Region 1's do at the moemnt I have to hack it wink.gif)

Gandalf.

• Advertisement

Yea rub it in.

What's really p1ssing me off now is that they are saying it's the peoples DVD's player problems not the DVD.

What kind of Bullsh1t is this? One of my players is under a year old and the other is less then two months old.

It's like buying a brand new VCR and renting a video and being told it didn't work because you should of bought thier VCR.

What's annoying is all the music companies plan to pull this stunt when it comes to MP3 and SDMI.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Yeah theres actually a fairly long list of DVD Players that are having problems with the matrix. I've read a report somewhere thats it to do with the way they burnt it. Another thing I noticed is the DVD takes longer to load/be recognised on my DVD Rom player on the PC than any of the others.

Gandalf.

[This message has been edited by gandalf (edited 03-10-99).]

Advertisement