Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UCD rollcall!

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 toastyred

there's 3..and about 6 general..and then there's the random double honours people...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

pfft the random double honours people are a rare breed but they are the 1337.

3rd exp physics eh. labs are a pain in the tits. nothing like being handed a few journal references pointed to a few bits of apparatus that probably won't work and going here ya go do an experiment. you can top that off with demonstraters that won't really be able to help you unless they've done the experiment before and even then if they remember it. though ken one of last years random double honours people is demonstrating the honours physics labs this year and he knows his stuff latch onto him for dear life

oh and cherish the radiation and ramser townsend experiment as they will be the easy ones and pray you don't get the photoelectric effect.

/me ends nostalgia

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 seanie04

1st Sci .....again.

And I'm going to almost as many lectures as I did last year :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,580 ✭✭✭uberwolf

I can't believe I never added my name to this list. So that'd be me, just finished Comp Sci, and doing an MBS in Smurfit now. for my troubles.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 IamBatman

uberwolf wrote:
    just finished Comp Sci, and doing an MBS in Smurfit now. for my troubles.
    3rd comp sci for me..hey uberwolf,I thought u had to have done business to do the mbs in smurfit..what programme are u doin an how do u find it so far?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 524 ✭✭✭Lisapeep

im_not_ok wrote:
    theoretical physics first year...i guess i can wish my social life a fond farewell!

Theoretical Physics have the same hours as everyone else in science until 3rd year, when they have like 8 hours a week or something - thats at least 10 hours less than all the other science people. So there's no chance of you having to say goodbye to your social life!!

Oh, I'm in 3rd Science by the way!

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

10 hours a week in 3rd year for TP/maths physics.
    But 2nd TP people have to do a ridiculous amount of work.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭ghostchant

Lisapeep wrote:
    Theoretical Physics have the same hours as everyone else in science until 3rd year, when they have like 8 hours a week or something - thats at least 10 hours less than all the other science people. So there's no chance of you having to say goodbye to your social life!!

Oh, I'm in 3rd Science by the way!

Yeah i know that now the hours aren't half as bad as i thought they would be! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,580 ✭✭✭uberwolf

IamBatman wrote:
    3rd comp sci for me..hey uberwolf,I thought u had to have done business to do the mbs in smurfit..what programme are u doin an how do u find it so far?

they will consider comp sci kiddies for mbs in e-comm, consultancy, Mng Info sys

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,163 ✭✭✭Slash/ED

I'm first arts, geography, sociology and statistics. I really don't like statistics very much.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭mcgarnicle

3rd Arts here - History and Geography

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭Haruspex

Late arrival to the rollcall but here goes...
    Second year part-time MBS.
    Full-time Work + Part-time Study = :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 toastyred

Dataisgod wrote:
    pfft the random double honours people are a rare breed but they are the 1337.

3rd exp physics eh. labs are a pain in the tits. nothing like being handed a few journal references pointed to a few bits of apparatus that probably won't work and going here ya go do an experiment. you can top that off with demonstraters that won't really be able to help you unless they've done the experiment before and even then if they remember it. though ken one of last years random double honours people is demonstrating the honours physics labs this year and he knows his stuff latch onto him for dear life

oh and cherish the radiation and ramser townsend experiment as they will be the easy ones and pray you don't get the photoelectric effect.

/me ends nostalgia

WOw, such a true explaination of the labs. Stupid photoelectric effect..grr. Yes, we ahve found ken to be quite helpful. Good job to him. Oh and Dr. Quinn, ledgend!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 whatsgoin'on

I'm in 2nd Arts: Computer Science and Maths Studies

Late as ever! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭transperson

later than all 1st arts philosophy maths psychology

Advertisement