Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nuim

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭ClareBear

Wednesday in the Roost anyone? I have to help a friend move house for the next two nights.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭gobby

Think my mates are heading to the union and then on to the roost later...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,891 ✭✭✭Jammer

i am not of age to be in the roost yet :(

gobby wrote:
    Think my mates are heading to the union and then on to the roost later...

Sooo....that a yes? no? maybe so?

Well I guess it depends on what they are at and how the night goes. I know that some of my mates really want to go to the union cos its a school disco. Thing is that even within the class people tend to do different things. PM me your number (if ye want) and I'll text you on the night, tell you what I'm at.

• Advertisement

Jammer wrote:
    Sure ye can try get in anyways....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭Lainey

well i'm 28 and sometimes i feel ancient in maynooth haha.. ahh no, i like it there really.. so wheres this roost place (only jokin)

Another NUIM person...!

Coming out of the woodwork so they are.

Anyone going to Thin Lizzy tonight? The bar ex did it for me...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 738 ✭✭✭gaui3d0pnbz86o

hello lainey,
    sure 28 nots that old! dont be feeling old before your time! i was talking to gentelman today who was 63 and a student in maynooth! so if you feel ancient imagine how he feels!

jammer!
    ill be there tonight, thin lizzy will be great, and bar ex always a good thing! ill probably be wearing a tintin t shirt, so say hello if you see me!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,697 ✭✭✭nothing

Ah Thin Lizzy, can't wait!!!! I'll be in my rugrats t shirt if anyone spots me, say hi!

Hmmm.... Maybe we should start a club/soc, get some booked time on computers!???

• Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

Jammer wrote:

They're not always that strict. 5th years usually get in there no prob. Unless you look younger than u are you shouldn't have a problem!

nothing :
    ill keep my eyes open! but do say hi if you see me! lol it would be class if we bumped into each other!

jammer, roost dont mind if you 17 unless oyu look like 12...

as for computer time, just lab 4 in the callan building,, user name: pc1 password-there is none. this is a temp account for non registered students, so will probably be disabled next week. but not a lot of labs started yet so should be free most times. hope this helps

Whats the age of everyone posting here?

I'm 24 and I know that Lainey is 28 and Clarebear is 23.

What bout the rest of ye??

(Good craic on your b-day Clarebear??)

23, heading on 24. belated happy birthday clare!

first off! how good was last night at the bar ex! it was a savage night out! caber's band-who were on first(the guy in the bono is a gobshi*e t shrit) kicked ass! any one who saw them will understand! classic songs suchas devil monkey, jewish blues and bono, not to mention many others! everyone should sign up to alt music who ran the event last night!fairs day today by the way! join up and aget a lolly!

second!thin lizzy experance were excellent! so many great songs, crowd really got into it! esp where i was, up front! i didnt realise how many tin lizzy fans there were in collage, and more amazing everyone was plastered and still remembered the words to all the songs! and for anyone there last night all i can say is mooooooo!

third hello again nothing, good seeing you last night!any one else say hello to you? im sorry i was a bit akward and not knowing what to say, but im not good with people, esp women and esp very beautifal women <--like you.

gettin all embarrassed now, so ill post again later, off to register, but if its anything like my friend (who is same situation as myself) then there'll be problems and shouting. so ill post about it later!

tom

first off! how good was last night at the bar ex! it was a savage night out! caber's band-who were on first(the guy in the bono is a gobshi*e t shrit) kicked ass! any one who saw them will understand! classic songs suchas devil monkey, jewish blues and bono, not to mention many others! everyone should sign up to alt music who ran the event last night!fairs day today by the way! join up and aget a lolly!
    Damn, I know that fella. I even seen him outside the SU with a load of gear when I was on my way home. Shoulda copped that one! Heh...

[edit]
    Just in case anyone wants to show their support for an NUIM forum, heres the link:

http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=189093
    [/edit]

• Registered Users Posts: 935 ✭✭✭Mixie

Just starting 4th CSSE myself, and thankfully only 10 hours of lectures a week now (and 8 a week after Christmas) :D

If I knew then, what I know now, I would have picked a different course!

Mixie wrote:
    Just starting 4th CSSE myself, and thankfully only 10 hours of lectures a week now (and 8 a week after Christmas) :D

If I knew then, what I know now, I would have picked a different course!
    10 hours!?!? WTF, I've got 32...

gobby wrote:
    10 hours!?!? WTF, I've got 32...

I know! :D

It's been heavy up until this year though. I do 3 hours Monday, 4 Tuesday, and 1 a day Wednesday, Thursday and Friday. If I switch one module for another, I could take every Thursday and Friday off.... *pours salt in wound* ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,697 ✭✭✭nothing

Actually thought the bar ex was a bit of a sham last night, but it was cool to meet you flameboy!

And quite odd bumping into you in class!!!

• Advertisement

Yeah Gobby, great craic on my birthday cheers. Can't remember most of the weekend but was told it was good anyway :D

mixie,

if i had stayed in my course, (CSSE) then we'd be in class together, so i know you.... but dont know who you are ... so who are you?!!?

nothing, all i can say is its a small world! what are the chances im in your class or your in mine! whichever! its cool! what you mean it was a bit of a sham? as in over too quick? i agree there.

clare spill the beans, we want details! what did you get up to that you cant remember.....

gobby,
    i think everyone know caber, he is just one of those people who everyone seems to know! was excellent playing thought! joe too(bandmate)

now as for my problems registering! well basically, i have to pay fees, i understand that! only the collage send me out a giro for 805 in the summer, i paid that, and it said on a appcoming letter the balance to be paid by feb 1st. so not having any money, this suited me as i could save it! only i get to registeration and they say oh no, slight mix up eh 1700 now and rest by feb 1st! then they said i could being them the cash this afternoon if i like! as if i have that kind of money! hopefully ill hear about the verdict of student aid today!or else i cant afford to come back! which i hope wont happen!

any thought anyone?
    tom

tom

if i had stayed in my course, (CSSE) then we'd be in class together, so i know you.... but dont know who you are ... so who are you?!!?

You definately know me - I bumped into you and Ryan leaving the Callan building on Monday... how's your memory? ;)

Owen uses this too AFAIK.

as well you know my memory is terrieble! just like my spelling!

ill take a guess at myles,

how did i do?

Spot on - memory not quite as bad as you thought :D

ah theres life in me yet, also i remembered you used boards, and your handle started with an m, it just took a while to put two and two together!

oh! question to all.

where does that underground passage go on the old campus?

ah theres life in me yet, also i remembered you used boards, and your handle started with an m, it just took a while to put two and two together!

oh! question to all.

where does that underground passage go on the old campus?

Underground passage? Ooooooooooooooooh!!!!! :eek:

Underground passage? Ooooooooooooooooh!!!!!

im surprised no one said that sooner! where does it go! everyone knows about it right....?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,959 ✭✭✭Nala

gobby wrote:
    Just in case anyone wants to show their support for an NUIM forum, heres the link:

http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=189093
    [/edit]

No need for a boards maynooth forum. We already have

Mikado!

PS I'm in 2nd Science and passed Computer Science!
    At the start of the year there was about 150 of us. By Christmas there was about half that and it had dropped by the summer exam. About 15 repeated in August.

• Advertisement

gobby wrote:
    Whats the age of everyone posting here?

I'm 24 and I know that Lainey is 28 and Clarebear is 23.

What bout the rest of ye??

(Good craic on your b-day Clarebear??)

17, 18 in january...

The ex last night was brutal...must have shut up at 12.30 or something? :s The ol' CIE buses were good thinkin...was gettin worried with the ratio of people to mini buses!!

I'm likin CSSE at the min, but i've only beein doin it two weeks...Don't think i'd drop out cos theres nothin else i wanna do really...although i envy the 13hr a week arts students!! Its a possibility i cud fail tho....

Advertisement