Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

help please with sky digital

• 18-09-2004 10:27pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,640 ✭✭✭✭

im getting sky+ soon and im wondering when your recording a programme then can you transfer that to a video

and does it take long

can you still watch another channel while its happening [coping a recorded programme on to a video cassette]

cheers

also im getting a digibox in the bedroom with a ftv card in it can i put a aerial in the back and still watch rte and tv3

hope ye can help

thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭Colm80

Yes you can record a program from your sky+ box to video.

If the program is 60 mins long it will take 60 mins to record to your VCR.
    The Sky + box does not make the recording any faster to a VCR.

You can only watch another program by going back to cable or what ever way you Receive your tv Recption.

With sky+ you can record 2 programs at the same time.
    You can also watch a recorded program at the same time while recording 2 programs.

As for your digi box in your bed room yes you can receive Rte Tv3 TG4 but not on the sky epg. You cant get them with a FTA card. You must tune in your TV to receive them channels.

Hope this helps you. The sky+ box it great bit of kit.I Certainly would not go back to a plain digi box again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,640 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

thanks colm for the help

You can only watch another program by going back to cable or what ever way you Receive your tv Recption

what do you mean by this colm

What i mean if you are recording a program from you sky+ box to your VCR you eather can watch that program you are recording or just go to normal tv viewing eg ntl or roof ariel.

You probley think you can change to another channel on your sky box while recording to your VCR.

Im afraid you cant do that if you do so the channel you are watching will turn out on your recording instead of what you wanted to record.
    I Hope this clears things up for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭irishdeej

So, If I am watching football on Sky Sports I can't Record a movie on Sky Movies at the same time?

Not much point in $ky+ so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,640 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

im pretty sure you can record somthing but still be able to watch somthing else at the same time

http://www.ordersky.com/equipment/skyplus.asp

• Advertisement

Lads this is about recording a program from your sky+ box to VCR.
    If You recorded a program to your sky+ box and you now want to record it to your VCR or DVD you eather watch the recorded program or go back to your ntl channels or ariel.

Now back to The Sky + recording, you can record something from sky sports and the same time record sky movies. I think i made that clear all ready.
    I also said while recording 2 programs at the same time you can look at a recorded program to. You have 3 options with sky+. I do hope this makes sence now.

Advertisement