Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Two cartoons that I know existed

• 19-09-2004 12:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭

Hey there people,

Just a quick one for you.

Does anyone else remember the Pirates of the Dark Water. It used to be on BBC1 on a Saturday morning. I remember Andy Crane saying that due to the fact that the show he was presenting was only on for a couple of more weeks and that the cartoon was on for longer than that, they had to skip some of the episodes of the cartoon to get to the end, which i missed :(

The second cartoon I was thinking about recently was a Star wars cartoon. I think it was called Droids or something. Im pretty sure that R2-D2 and C3PO were in it. And the guy they hung around with was like the guy who had the space ship in Jason and the wheel warriors and the rouge pirate in Pirates of the Dark Water. Can anyone else remember this one.

Thanks in advance

Sam

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

sam_hain wrote:
    The second cartoon I was thinking about recently was a Star wars cartoon. I think it was called Droids or something. Im pretty sure that R2-D2 and C3PO were in it. And the guy they hung around with was like the guy who had the space ship in Jason and the wheel warriors and the rouge pirate in Pirates of the Dark Water. Can anyone else remember this one.
    Mmm, Droids. Made by Lucasfilm in the mid-80s, starring the silver screen's favourite campy Brit protocol droid and his dustbin chum as you thought. Only lasted one season.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭littleninja

Pirates of the Dark Water? Is that the cartoon where they were going around in the ship trying to prevent some evil darkness thing from taking over the ocean or something like that?

I liked Droids because I just had liked the droids R2D2 and C3PO in the Star Wars movies, there was also another spin off from Star Wars called Ewoks which was basically showing the adventures of the ewoks that made an appearance in one of the Star Wars movies (don't ask me which one because it's been quite some time since I've seen any of them.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

there was also another spin off from Star Wars called Ewoks which was basically showing the adventures of the ewoks that made an appearance in one of the Star Wars movies
    Oh great! The theme's tune in my head now:
    We are the e-e-e-eeewoks.... *reminds himself to play it when he gets home later*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

I used to like the Pirates of Dark Water.

I could never follow the series on the BBC though, as they were always moving it around and skipping episodes. And I never did forgive them for skipping the last episode of The Mysterious Cities of Gold.

I saw Pirates of Dark Water first on one of the Sky movie channels, but the first 4 or 5 episodes had been edited into a little mini movie. It was really good, as Roddy McDowell did the voice of the monkey bird, which he didn't do in the series.

And yes, the plot was something along the lines of this dark water slowly consuming the world. And there was some sort of quest for magic stones to stop it and there were evil pirates who had a huge ship that could eat other ships.

Advertisement