Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CD Image & Virtual Drive

Options
  • 19-09-2004 1:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭

Anyone know a good program from creating a CD image and a virtual drive, tried a few but with no real success, I mean it creates the drive and image ok but for games they don't work.

I've been trying SoftDisk Ver 1.6 and Paragon.

Original CD emulator worked but it's not free :(

Anyone know a decent one.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,763 ✭✭✭Fenster

Did you try Daemon Tools?

• Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭jessy

From what I can see Daemon tools only works with Softwin, you cant actually create a CD image with it (it only mounts the Image created by softwin or another CD Image creator).

I need a program that will reliably create a CD image of any Disk.

I got way too many CD lying round the desk (very messy)

Although Daemon tool is a very useful Program, it mount's multiple formats.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

Alcohol 120%

I'll pm you. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

Ciaran500 wrote:
    Alcohol 120%
    Alcohol 120% is pretty much the established standard for virtual drives at this stage, but i haven't tried it for image creation myself. all my images were made with isobuster, which is another good tool, but doesn't allow you to mount the images on a virtual drive.

brief word of warning though, if you're planning on playing doom 3 then you'll have to turn off the virtual drives or it won't run. even with original doom 3 cd's in a real cdrom drive. if you have a virtual drive on your system at all, it just refuses to work.

i guess the people at ID are a touch paranoid about that sort of thing, and understandably so. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

Once you upgrade the virtual drive software it normally gets around the black lists. The same thing happens every time, and updated copy protection comes out and the next day theres a new version of virtual drive software. THey just don't give up.

Alcohol is great for making images of copy protected cds.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭jessy

Tried Alcohol 120% and it looks very cool, and works fine for all CD's except the Games that I am trying to make an image of (Colin Mc Rae 4, Toca driver 2, Splinter Cell Pandora tomorrow, and its not just he newer games AOK and even AOE wont work either).

"Original CD Emulator" seems to work best, but it's not free (and it looks horrible).

Advertisement