Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

XP Install Integrator

Options
  • 19-09-2004 2:44am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 603 ✭✭✭

I dont know if anyone is aware but its possible to add files to your XP install so when you boot a fresh copy of XP it install any software you want within the setup so you dont have to go searching for disks or files to install cd burning software or whatever you always need with your system.

I made a dvd copy of my xp disk with SP1 and SP2 and various other stuff like Directx and graphics drivers and programs so i dont spend ages installing them later.

It can also use your registration info so you dont have to activate programs because you did it during the install.

Also because in integrated within the XP install it doesnt have to drain memory with graphical interfaces and takes a few minutes for everything to work.

Makes life easier is all...

(Im working on getting a full name for the prog i used and a link for those who are interested so bear with me)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 147 ✭✭MazdaMan

I have tried slipstreaming other software, but Windows will not install it, seems only OS related software can be sliptreamed with Windows.

Unles there maybe 3rd party progs to do the job

Haven't had time to look

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 603 ✭✭✭Prior Of Taize

Its a third party program alright...

Works though...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

One way of doing it is to copy the entire contents of a Xp Cd to your HD (hidden file and folders too)

Then insert what ever files and drivers you want into the folders relevant.
    Not that difficult i had to do it before for nefarious reasons but it worked, 3rd party software just giving a GUI to do it and maybe knows where each file goes.
    Then burn when you dont.
    Shame i hadnt got that software 3 years ago would have been handier then pen and paper.

Advertisement