Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dreads Anyone???

• 19-09-2004 10:03am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11

Alriteey neighbours!!!!

im a lady and im thinkin of gettin dreads just for the craic! anyone got them???

i just want the general gist...like d best place to get them done.....and dont say ur head!!! and roughly how much they cost!!!

mucho grassyass

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,878 ✭✭✭Rozabeez

Alriteey neighbours!!!!

im a lady and im thinkin of gettin dreads just for the craic! anyone got them???

i just want the general gist...like d best place to get them done.....and dont say ur head!!! and roughly how much they cost!!!

mucho grassyass

ah sure, just dont brush your hair for a few years.....
    or you could try african hairdressers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭Bottle_of_Smoke

hmmmmmm whats your complexion like? i dont think they suit white people unless in that grown out stage, tho you can get it to look near enough to that stage to begin with i believe. looks really awful on a lot of girls, post a pic of yourself might be easier to advise

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,283 ✭✭✭gucci

you dont get dreads for the craic,their a f***in lifestyle girl.the best way to get them is by neglect and back combing your hair.also twisting the sh1t out of them.it takes ages.i find the best way to achieve the dread locked look is by travelling around the world and letting nature+the good weather take its course.bear in mind the only way to get rid of dreadlocks(for the craic) is shaving your head.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Personally I think dreads can look very good on girls, especially if they've got a whole hippie thing going on. But gucci is right, there's going to be a lot of time and effort you'll have to put into it, so think wisely.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 howayaboss

yo, is that girl still thinkin about gettin dreads? or was that like 14 years ago?
    dreads are the key, if you have the stle, and the patience!! i've been growing my hair, for 2 years and i used to have a fro... but, i felt kinda french, so i stopped combin it.... theni just got lazy and didn't wash it.... now, my dreads are kinda short, small and not great to look at.. but basically, i did absolutle nothing to them.... i have really curly hair though, so thatt could be it.... shops to think about would be an african shop on moore street called, 'zee', or something! and try all piercing places, they'd know for sure!!! banter!

• Advertisement
Advertisement