Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can we get an RSS Feed from boards?

Options
  • 19-09-2004 10:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭

Live bookmarks in Mozilla rock. :)

Any chance of getting one for Boards? Say the last 10/20 posts and RSS feed for each board? But a main one would be ok.
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭phenom

Sounds like a good idea to me.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 10,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭ecksor

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

Takes a few seconds to load.. but EXCELLENT! :D Great job.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭dangerman

that rss looks cool ... but how do I get that to be a live bookmark?

On other RSS enabled pages [like my own page] in ff 1.0 pr a little RSS button appears on bottom right when the page has an RSS feed. - How do I get it to understand that ecksor's link is an rss one?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,618 ✭✭✭Civilian_Target

Install feedreader.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

Install feedreader.

Its built into FF 1.0PR. Go to manage Bookmarks, then from the file menu in that window there is create Live bookmark. After that just put the URL to the RSS feed in and hey presto.

If the website is enabled for FF then the RSS link should appear in the status bar as far as I know.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭dangerman

Its built into FF 1.0PR. Go to manage Bookmarks, then from the file menu in that window there is create Live bookmark. After that just put the URL to the RSS feed in and hey presto.

Thanks.
    If the website is enabled for FF then the RSS link should appear in the status bar as far as I know.

Yeh thats right...if you have

<link rel="alternate” type="application/rss+xml” title="RSS” href="http://www.example.com/index.xml”; />

in the <head> of the site, firefox will put in the little RSS link on the status bar.

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

Sweetass.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

I have it as Hobbsey suggests but it doesnt come up in my status bar on firefox 0.9.3 for Mac...

:confused:

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

It shows up in the book marks section for me. On 1.0PR.

• Advertisement
Advertisement