Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PERL Query

Options
  • 19-09-2004 2:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,541 ✭✭✭

Hello all,

I want to try a number of things using PERL. I have my own webserver on XP.

(1) As soon as a user enters my website I want a simple form to appear which will allow the user to enter their name and country. Then when they enter the submit button an error message is displayed if they leave either field blank while page2.html appears if they entered something into each field. Is there anywhere handy I could get this HTML code?

(2) I want page2.html to display the user's name and country. For example: "Hello John Smith from Ireland". I want to use PERL to do this. Any ideas?

(3) page2.html will also have say 2 buttons. When any user clicks on a button I want a page to return with the message for example: "Last click by John Smith from Ireland". Again I want to use PERL.

(4) Finally I want to also display a user's operating system details, screen resolution and internet service provider(ISP) using PERL and log this information as well as print it back to the user using PERL? I have allready developed a PERL problem to log browser and IP address and send these back to the user.

Thanks anyone. Any advice, help, code or links appreciated. Cheers. :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭jessy

The following web is probably the best that I have seen for perl it might help
    http://www.perlmonks.org/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 304 ✭✭Zaltais

Hi Finnpark,

The bulk of what you're trying to do is covered by the CGI module.

There's some reasonably good coverage of the topic here, you really want chapter 3.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,541 ✭✭✭finnpark

Thanks lads. I will have a look at these. :D

Advertisement