Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best/Worst Dives - Season '04 (List your top 3)

Options
  • 19-09-2004 3:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭

Hey,

So the season isn't exactly closed or anything but it is definately coming close. I'll be doing a couple more dives but who konws how many... twice in the last 6 weeks dives i've booked have been cancelled due to weather. I was meant to be diving this weekend but there be gales out.

Ignoring all that my top 3 best dives so far this year are as follows:
    3. Laurentic - first dive of the season. 37/38m Bottom time: 30minutes. Saw the gun that somehow i missed previously. Nice and big. Found the boxes of bullets and shells. Again, missed them on the previous dive.

2. Laurentic - second dive of the season. Depth: 37/38m Bottom time: 30minutes. Found 2 more big n' honkin guns. One near the bow and another buried in rubble, well kinda. Had a good look around the bow section. Big anchor still there and winches to boot.

1. U260 - August bank holiday weekend. Depth: 40m Bottom time: 30minutes. After a couple of failed attempts of diving a uboat in donegal it was a relief to find a uboat at the bottom of the shot in Cork. Half an hour was plenty of time to circle the wreck and vist the conning tower twice. Didn't find the torpedo.

Top 3 worst dives of season '04:

3. Kowloon bridge - August bank holiday weekend. Depth: 32m Bottom time: 25/30minutes. A long trip out and i just couldn't get into the dive. Not my cup of tea at all. Its big... too big. Hard to get some sort of scale of where you are in respect to the wreck.

2. U861 (or not PT2) - Depth: 42m Bottom time: 30minutes. Reasonably strong current running but nothing too major. Got down tot he bottom of the shot and yet again no UBoat. This is the second time its happened on this wreck. IF the shot isn't properly caught ont he wreck then it'll come off under the weight of the divers in the current.

1. U-861(or not PT1!). Depth: 42m Bottom time: 30minutes. Terrible current dropping down the shot. Felt like crap when i finally reached the bottom. Unfortunately the current was so strong the shot wasn't ont he wreck anymore. Crap dive, well pissed off.

List em up folks.

Advertisement