Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

online radio question

• 19-09-2004 3:36pm
    Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Exactly what do you have to do and how much does it cost to have streaming radio online?

Basically a friend and I are trying to "spearhead" our colleges first venture into a temporary radio station, it will likely have a very limited broadcast radius, and will only be on for a few hours a day for the week (although I'm going to push for as much air time as I can, and as much coverage as is possible). I thought it might be cool to launch a website for the whole thing, and have streaming radio on it too try and get interest outside of the broadcast range, would that be possible for just a week, or do you pay for it by the year or something?

if this is better suited in a different forum, please feel free to move,

thanks,
    flogen

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

What college are you in? Most colleges have a netsoc/compsoc that'll have a server which you could use for streaming online. Shoutcast (www.shoutcast.com) DNAS server is by far the easiest way to get online, there are some massive stations on there, with up to 6000 listeners!
    Shoutcast is really simple to use, and you can have other servers relay your stream, give it a go!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭flogen

Colaiste Dhulaigh (I use college in the loosest sense possible)!!

seriously though, its not really as well setup as a regular college, due to underfunding and the fact that its a PLC, but i will look into netsoc's etc, but their current website doesnt offer much hope www.colaistedhulaigh.ie

flogen

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

if you get the station up and running, contact me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 946 ✭✭✭tipperaryboy

Also check out www.streamerp2p.com its easy to install and use and its FREE check it out!

Advertisement