Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broadband4xxxx campaigns

• 19-09-2004 4:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

Hi

Just skipping thru threads here and I haven't seen any mention of any local campaigns in any areas (.
    I know of Broadband4Kinnegad (broadband4kinnegad.com) which recently got broadband from LastMile by submitting to the GBS

Does anyone know if there are any other campaigns around the country. Would be handy to share info/ideas etc if there was

I mailed the gov bb site asking if they ever considered adding a section to the site where local campaigns would be listed and got the "suggestion would be taken on board" line.

If, as seems to be the case, suppliers are working on demand then surely if campaigns start up and get people interested in BB, a joint effort in contacting the suppliers to say "we can show X amount of demand" would result in areas being made available where the demand actually is?

Anyone got any thoughts on this?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

I have a standing offer of free hosting for BB4 websites, on the condition that that's /all/ they're used for. I'm sure the other hosts that hang around here would be happy to oblige too.

adam

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭viking

I know of one other "active" campaign in Waterford:

http://www.broadband4portlaw.cjb.net/

Seems as though Digiweb launched in Waterford recently and Portlaw reckons coverage shouldn't be too much of a problem, which is good news.

There are a few other campaigns around but they don't have websites that I know of.

Gareth

Advertisement